Dynamic Swimwear for today's muslim female/ Burqinis

Former Member
Former Member
My husband just sent me this link. http://www.ahiida.com/ And here I am complaining about a bit of soreness from doubles. I got it easy. Looks like the burqinis cost about as much as a fastskin.
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 17 years ago
    Quote: Originally Posted by The Fortress forums.usms.org/.../viewpost.gif My strategy is to be a "wuss" and swim shorter races than tris. Amen Sistah! Gosh I just realized that: a) I only swim the 50m (free) and very rarely the 100m b) FlyQueen "Amen"ed that. b) I am a Muslim Does this mean I should go out and buy myself a Burquini? And would I be arrested if it's too form fitting?
  • Former Member
    I was in Egypt and did not like the fact that when I walked down the street with a male Egyptian swimmer he wanted to hold my hand. When I met an Egytian swimmer he wanted to hug me and kiss me. These things were not for me. My friend was in the movie theatre with his wife, he had his arm over the back of his wifes chair. Every one in the theatre stood up and jeered and pointed at us. Now does this mean they are wrong or we were out of step with their culture.
  • Former Member
    Perhaps we are comparing apples and oranges. In a fundamentalist Islamic society, like Afghanistan under the Taliban, women are oppressed, treated as little more than property, and are not able to freely choose their clothing (unless they want to be stoned).
  • Former Member
    "Violent Muslim extremists"--Where is Harry Truman when you need him?
  • Former Member
    Couldn't agree more. Wear what you want. As long as someone's not picking it out for you. Huh.:confused: I'm never allowed out of the house without prior spousal approval of the clothes I picked out.:sad:
  • Former Member
    Huh.:confused: I'm never allowed out of the house without prior spousal approval of the clothes I picked out.:sad: Too funny!! I NEVER tell my husband what to wear. Ever. I'm not a very good wife. 'Course hubby also has long hair that he wears in a ponytail and I still shop in the juniors section. We refuse to grow up. I think it has something to do with not having kids. :doh:
  • My wife never tells me what to wear,she just buys the clothes and if I match things wrongly she gives me THE LOOK.No words are necessary.
  • Former Member
    My wife never tells me what to wear,she just buys the clothes and if I match things wrongly she gives me THE LOOK.No words are necessary. Yep, and when she doesn't like something of mine...it suddenly disappears. Must have gotten thrown out by accident or something?:dunno:
  • Former Member
    Sun Precautions sells a similar outfit (although a shorter top) for those folks that want to play in the water but can't handle the sun. Kind of interesting to have the same basic idea for totally different fundamental reasons. Although, I guess they aren't different - both are based on limiting one's exposure. www.sunprecautions.com/shop_all.asp
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 9 years ago
    Hi. I understand it's very difficult to find places that sell Islamic swimsuits. It took me ages to find one for my daughter so if anyone's looking you can get them here. This one is for kids: neatstacks.com/ This one is for woman neatstacks.com/