Dara Torres-Amazing

Former Member
Former Member
Dara just one the national title in the 100M Freestyle in 54.4 at the ripe old age of 40. Simply Incredible. :applaud: :woot: If that's not inspiring I don't know what is.
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 16 years ago
    JMiller, Check out www.meridianstretching.com for a list of trainers. Like I said before, it hasn't really hit mainstream, so there aren't an abundance of trainers yet. There is also a book called The Genius of Flexibility, by Bob Cooley, available on Amazon and in most major bookstores. It has more information about the system along with pictures of the stretches. I recommend finding a trainer in your area if possible though, as assisted stretching is really where it's at. I started studying several years ago for personal practice, but had so much positive change in my own body that I became certified to teach. It's a great method for rehabilitating from injuries and getting the "natural" edge that you seem to be looking for. Feel free to message me if you would like more information. Luther So why is this post OK, but Kirk's link to Floswimming was given the boot? I assume you are the Luther Cowden mentioned on the website.
  • Must have been related to poor technique (which as we know is the cause of shoulder problems in swimmers). Good one! :rofl:
  • Former Member
    Word has it that Dara had shoulder surgery last week??????
  • Former Member
    Word has it that Dara had shoulder surgery last week?????? It is true: www.swimmingworldmagazine.com/.../16315.asp Syd
  • Former Member
    Must have been related to poor technique (which as we know is the cause of shoulder problems in swimmers).
  • Former Member
    JMiller, Check out www.meridianstretching.com for a list of trainers. Like I said before, it hasn't really hit mainstream, so there aren't an abundance of trainers yet. There is also a book called The Genius of Flexibility, by Bob Cooley, available on Amazon and in most major bookstores. It has more information about the system along with pictures of the stretches. I recommend finding a trainer in your area if possible though, as assisted stretching is really where it's at. I started studying several years ago for personal practice, but had so much positive change in my own body that I became certified to teach. It's a great method for rehabilitating from injuries and getting the "natural" edge that you seem to be looking for. Feel free to message me if you would like more information. Luther I did find ONE meridian stretching professional in my area, and I want to say thank-you for the link. The program I've started has been very surprising to me, and very effective. I'm quite happy to have learned about this!! THANKS AGAIN....
  • Former Member
    JMiller, No one has ever said that Dara wasn't talented with good stoke technique. The issue is "the edge" over her competitors especially at her ripe old age. I'm sure the meridian stretching is one of the reasons...
  • The thing I hate about accusing someone of doping is the accused has absolutely no way of proving their innocence. A lifetime of negative tests is not definitive proof that the athlete isn't doping.
  • I doubt a 41 year old woman would risk her life by taking harmful substances. Good point. No 41 year old women would ever do something like, say, smoke cigarettes.
  • A lifetime of negative tests is proof-enough for me. Barry Bonds thanks you for this open minded view. If you don't think a 41 year old woman, or man, would take harmful substances then you are just plain naive. Go to your local bookstore and pick up a few random copies of sports enthusiast magazines. You will be amazed by the number of adds for supplements, some which carry warnings to not take them if you are subject to doping control.