Dara Torres-Amazing

Former Member
Former Member
Dara just one the national title in the 100M Freestyle in 54.4 at the ripe old age of 40. Simply Incredible. :applaud: :woot: If that's not inspiring I don't know what is.
  • Like running. I think that's my fav avatar so far.
  • HGH is also addictive. Got a reference? Skip
  • No doubt about it, Roy's the man, for both 'Heels and Jayhawks alike.
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 17 years ago
    Both nicotine and alcohol are strongly addictive though. I would think that puts them in a different class than HGH, anabolic steroids and EPO. Skip HGH is also addictive.
  • Former Member
    Dang it - my secret avatar source has been revealed. Here's Geek's next avatar:
  • Former Member
    Here's a better one from a real basketball school. Basketball? :snore::yawn:
  • Former Member
    Here's a better one from a real basketball school. CN? Does that stand for Cal State Northridge? Are they a basketball power?
  • Former Member
    No it's UNC I think.
  • Former Member
    Like running. I think that's my fav avatar so far. If you like running here are some great running videos even running backwards, I did lots of backward running when I was a kid. www.triathlonplace.com/.../runvideogallery.html Don't tell anyone who I am.
  • Former Member
    Here's a better one from a real basketball school. Some years ago, KU lost to Arizona in an early round of the NCAA tournament. I went over to my parents' house one day and my dad handed me a piece of paper. On it was a sketch of a bird with its head hanging downward. The caption underneath said, "KU vs. Arizona". My dad said, "I'm going to carve this and give it to Roy Williams." He carved the sad Jayhawk and promptly decided that it wasn't quite right, so he carved another one. By that time, of course, I wanted one, so he carved another one. I kept asking him when he was going to send one to Roy Williams. He would always answer, "Maybe I shouldn't send it to him. It might make him depressed to look at it." When my dad got sick, one of the sad Jayhawks stood watch in his hospital room. My dad died in April, 1999, having never sent a sad Jayhawk to Roy Williams. I finally delivered a sad Jayhawk to Roy Williams' office in the Spring of 2002. Roy sent me an appreciative thank-you letter. In 2003, the sad Jayhawk took on a whole new meaning as Roy left Kansas for greener pastures. I hope that the sad Jayhawk is proudly displayed today in his North Carolina office. Anna Lea Roof