How long does it take to swim 1 mile of breastroke?

Former Member
Former Member
I used to be a competitive swimmer. Now I am much older, I start swimming again just for fitness and I would like to set a goal for myself. My goal is to swim 1 mile of breastroke (breastroke is my specialty) daily; it takes me 35 minutes to swim 1 mile. My question is what is the average time to swimm 1 mile of breastroke? Thanks
Parents
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 12 years ago
    If you time your currents right you can easily swim 20 miles down the Saguenay River in two hours. Just a thought breastrokers and noodlers cause the same problem during laps. about 2.5 years ago i did it in ~28 minutes. don't have much swimming background, was just a gym rat at the time. but naturally i have huge legs. i've set a goal to swim 3 miles in an hour... we'll see how that goes.
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 12 years ago
    If you time your currents right you can easily swim 20 miles down the Saguenay River in two hours. Just a thought breastrokers and noodlers cause the same problem during laps. about 2.5 years ago i did it in ~28 minutes. don't have much swimming background, was just a gym rat at the time. but naturally i have huge legs. i've set a goal to swim 3 miles in an hour... we'll see how that goes.
Children
No Data