Where can I buy a Wicking Swim Towel?

Former Member
Former Member
I got a wicking swim towel for Christmas, and I want to know if anyone knows where I can get more. It's called the Wick-er Warmup Towel, it's made by Discovery Trekking Outfitters. It's quite large, very thin, dries faster than anything I've used before. Also gives some sun protection according to the label. I haven't seen them in stores. It was purchased in Canada at a swim meet I think, or maybe online. Anyone heard of these? I think it might be very new on the market. Dont confuse it with a chamois towel, it's nothing like that. Much better in my opinion.
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 18 years ago
    Got one (actually several) of the Discovery Trekking towels and found the smallest is a great compact accessory with a PVA "towel" in a swim bag. Now my kids like the middle sized towel since they like to wrap it around their shoulders. The largest version seems to be very similar to the airline "blankets" that Delta gives passengers to use, at least seemed so when I compared on my last long airline trip. But the weave is a good bit different and the passenger blanket didn't do so well mopping up water that I spilled compared to the Discovery Trekking towel.
  • Former Member
    I'm another "convert"...I heard through the grapevine about the Discovery Trekking Outfitters wicking swim towel and although skeptical, I gave it a try. I must say I am quite impressed...They sell for around $25. which for an ordinary towel is pricey, but they are worth every cent. I should have got together with some team mates, because it says on the website that they give teams discounts, but didn't say how much. I've had mine for about 6 months and I use it every day at the pool (also travelling, easy to pack, takes hardly any room) and it still looks like the day I bought it. My wife keeps taking mine, I am going to get a couple more. The website was interesting, they appear to be a custom outerwear company but the towels are on their own webpage "wicking towels". I noticed they also sell a swim diaper....I don't need one yet, but I do appreciate the need for many people to have that. (especially if I'm in the same pool..)
  • Former Member
    I called Discovery Trekking today and ordered one. I'm hoping to use it when traveling to swim meets. Regular towels take up too much room in a swim bag. I'll post my "review" after I receive it and try it out.
  • Former Member
    Got one about a month ago...They are GREAT..good people to deal with too.
  • I got a big one the 1st of the yr and love it. They are very obliging people to work with. Thank you Discovery Trekking.
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 17 years ago
    I have now used this towel at several swim meets. It really does soak up a lot of water, and it dries very quickly. It was perfect last summer for a week-long meet in Chicago. I used public transporation to get back and forth to the pool, so I wanted to carry as little as possible. The towel probably took up less room in my bag than two t-shirts. It even dried quickly in the hotel room (where things never seem to get dry). Buy it here: www.discoverytrekking.com Anna Lea
  • Former Member
    I just discovered that DTO (Discovery Trekking Outfitters) also has very small towels in the same wonderful wicking fabric...for running. they have a loop that attaches to a fuel belt. I think it would be very refreshing to see marathons offer these as prizes or in the runner's goodie bags, instead of a t-shirt....how many t-shirts do we need? The fabric contains Silver so it kills bacteria naturally. I really think that is cool technology. I have recently seen the towels in a couple of retail outlets...up until now I have only been able to find them on the website www.discoverytrekking.com
  • Former Member
    I asked and received one of these towels for christmas this year...and while I still carry that towel and a regular towel to the meets...I think I would be better off just getting one more wicking towel and completly ditching regular towels. At my 4 day meet this past weekend...the other regular towel never came out of the bag....I used my wicking towel for 6 straight sessions...and it was always plenty dry! AWESOME
  • Former Member
    Just ordered a large black one. What an awesome product. Thanks guys.
  • Former Member
    It's not often I feel compelled to do a "testimonial"....actually it's never. But I have to do it here. This is probably the nicest towel I've ever had. I bought one about a year ago. I gave a bunch as gifts in December, some went to friends overseas. Everyone was just as impressed as me. I also used it when I was on a plane, it's very lightweight and the silver in the fabric reflects back body heat...I was really nice and toasty and the plane was very cool. I originally bought one because the silver ion technology that kills bacteria really interests me. This company has a winner...I just wish there were more retail outlets...but having said that, they are very helpful and great to deal with. I think everyone who is swimming should get at least 1...but I guarantee you'll get a couple more once you are "converted". ps....If the folks at www.discoverytrekking.com see this....I'll be a sales rep!!! minnow (aka Laurie)