What is your pet peeve about swimming?

Former Member
Former Member
No matter how hard you scrub or how often you shower....you always smell of chlorine! :rolleyes:
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 19 years ago
    This concludes the "Airing of Grievances" for the Festivus 2004-05 Season. The "Trials of Strength" will be conducted on May 19-22 in Ft. Lauderdale. :p Matt
  • Former Member
    There's still a Matt S. around?
  • Former Member
    After having a good swim today, I went to the showers to wash up when I get treated to a SHOCK OF COLD water! The water heater must've shut down today because I turned the water dial all the way and still, I was freezing my keister off! Usually, a nice warm shower is the best part of the end of a good swim, but today was definitely not pleasant. On another unrelated topic about petpeeves... Almost every time I end a workout, I always get two snacks from the snack machine near the University Pool Facility's exit. I hate it when the snack machine is out of my favorite snack! Arrgh. At least that wasn't the case for me today.
  • Former Member
    Although the webmaster has not formally closed this thread, please be advised to future contributions to it will be subject to marginal humor (my wife would characterize it as very marginal) and ridicule. I have officially declared WHINING threads to be one of my pet peeves Irrascibly, Matt
  • Former Member
    Matt, Didn't mean to strike a chord with you. I was just a little annoyed about the water heater going out last week.
  • Originally posted by tjburk Being interrupted in the middle of a killer set!!!! You're on a roll... someone leans over and asks....is the pool open for swimming? AAAGGGHHHHH!!!!! No, MO - we're swimming here because it's closed. :mad: :D lol, likewise, I can't stand it when people try and strike up a conversation with you during a workout! i.e. " so did you catch the basketball game last night?" or asking about workouts etc... right when I'm about to push off the wall for another set! arrrrrgh! and umm.... eeeeeew, thank goodness I've never seen anyone put their sweaty clothes in the swimsuit dryer!
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 18 years ago
    At the risk of being subjected to "marginal" humor! :) Hate getting all showered and in my suit and walking in to the pool area to find NO WATER IN THE POOL (because I missed the teeny weeny sign posted at the front desk stating the pool is drained for maintenance). Cheers!
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 18 years ago
    I'm more prone to complain about water that is too warm than the other way around. However, on a cold day in December - well, I couldn't get out of that water fast enough. It was windy and the air temperature was in the 50's. I sprinted from the locker room across the cold pool deck and jumped into what I expected to be warm water. Alas, the heater was broken and the water temperature had dropped to the high 60's. What a shocker that was!
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 17 years ago
    LOL Rich! I agree with both of your peeves. I had to swim next to a guy last night during rec swim who just kept pushing off whenever I would, take a 50 off, push off with me, repeat annoying cycle. I felt like I had a lackie chasing and mimicking me.
  • My, this is an old thread. :D I hate cold showers. Swimmerlisa's #11 is true. We are not on steroids just because we have broad shoulders. I think men are hitting on you because you are cute with your broad shoulders. But 10-15 years younger? Ugh. They should just work harder.