Deltoid pain

I have had some off and on arm/? shoulder pain usually at the beginning of a workout or after using the kick board. A week or so ago it seemed to be much worse and didn't settle down. I think I have isolated it to the deltoid muscle. It hurts just as my arm comes out of the water and throughout the recovery. I have been resting it and icing when I remember without much improvement. Anyone have thoughts or ideas for how to speed recovery?
  • Kickboards have drawbacks. one of them is shoulder issues. stick to streamline kick sets. Hand paddles also are not a good thing if you have technique issues, or physical issues. If you live in a state that does not require a doctor's script for physical therapy then go do a few visits and get a dryland routine that will help. There are a ton of dryland exercises that will complement swimming. there is a spot where the deltoids and a few other muscles connect, it is a common point of issues and pain. But you should find a medical professional for this..
  • Yeah, I have already decided to lose the kick board. I saw my doctor, and he gave me a lot of excersises and some heavier anti inflammatories. I just hope it's not terminal. Thank you.
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 5 years ago
    That means, if trigger points are located at the front, side or back part of the muscle, you also will experience pain in the front, side or back part of the muscle and shoulder, respectively.