Deltoid pain

I have had some off and on arm/? shoulder pain usually at the beginning of a workout or after using the kick board. A week or so ago it seemed to be much worse and didn't settle down. I think I have isolated it to the deltoid muscle. It hurts just as my arm comes out of the water and throughout the recovery. I have been resting it and icing when I remember without much improvement. Anyone have thoughts or ideas for how to speed recovery?
Parents
  • Kickboards have drawbacks. one of them is shoulder issues. stick to streamline kick sets. Hand paddles also are not a good thing if you have technique issues, or physical issues. If you live in a state that does not require a doctor's script for physical therapy then go do a few visits and get a dryland routine that will help. There are a ton of dryland exercises that will complement swimming. there is a spot where the deltoids and a few other muscles connect, it is a common point of issues and pain. But you should find a medical professional for this..
  • Kickboards have drawbacks. one of them is shoulder issues. stick to streamline kick sets. Hand paddles also are not a good thing if you have technique issues, or physical issues. If you live in a state that does not require a doctor's script for physical therapy then go do a few visits and get a dryland routine that will help. There are a ton of dryland exercises that will complement swimming. there is a spot where the deltoids and a few other muscles connect, it is a common point of issues and pain. But you should find a medical professional for this..
Children
No Data