Recovery from sore knee

Former Member
Former Member
Hi Does anyone know how to get rid of this pain on my knee I hit the gym twice a week as part of my training, i often do a lot of squats to mimic the breaststroke swim My knees have been painful this past few days when i swim breaststroke so can anyone advice me of what i could do to help me get rid of this pain Thanks
  • it all would depend on where in your knee the pain is. first off i would stop doing squats that way and see if it goes away. if it does, then you can either never do them that way again or with a lot less weight. no matter what, the pain is telling you to stop. there is a distinct difference between soreness and pain. muscle soreness is good. pain is bad. i know knee pain. i broke the inboard condial off my left femur and it doesnt align correctly with my tib/fib platue and wears a hole in the cartilage so i have bone on bone contact. i get what is called "instantious quadracep immobilization" and my entire thigh goes limp before the pain hits my brain. i have to walk with my left arm over a rail down stairs in case this happens and i fall. me and land dont get along well. this also greatly limits what weight exercises i can do.
  • Lots of people do squats and lunges incorrectly and either one done wrong can result in knee pain. I suggest stopping them for a little while and then make sure your technique is correct before phasing them back in. It helps to have someone knowledgeable watching as one can't always see their own body mechanics. I'm not sure that squats are actually the most effective dryland exercise for *** stroke kick anyways although they are a good all around exercise.
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 6 years ago
    It also can depend on whether or not you are doing any stretches before you get in the water. Also stop doing squats, as other have said.