Supplements

Does anyone take p2life supplements? Received some at nationals but can't find any independent reviews and wanted to see if it was legit.
  • Does anyone take p2life supplements? Received some at nationals but can't find any independent reviews and wanted to see if it was legit. Yaaaaa.... I caved and just started to try it... not sure.... I've always heard supplements that turn your pee funny colors means you are just peeing away $$$...and one of the supplements turns FLUORESCENT! I haven't tried the shake yet... today I will. The company contacted me right away to ask how I liked it (I tend to sit on things) I think they are right on top of answering questions and helping with their products. I think it's too expensive for me, at least at this time. :(
  • Haven't tried P2Life. I used to drink Gatorade at all meets, but I stopped doing that a few years ago. I usually just drink water now, as I do in practice. I'm not sold on any sports drinks. Study finds swimmers slower when using sports drinks: www.dailymail.co.uk/.../Study-finds-swimmers-SLOWER-having-sports-drinks.html
  • I caved into the hype as well 3 months ago. Was taking the regular whey protein that you can get from the stores and decided to give p2life a try. I take the protein powder as suggested, a scoop after every hour workout, and 2 before I go to bed. It claims that that it helps restore muscles and make you less sleepy in the afternoon. I think it sort of works, I am no longer falling asleep at my desk at work after lunch. Then I also take the endurance supplements. I take 3 before I go for practice. It took about a week to start realizing that I am able to keep my pace longer distance and swim longer. Since I've been taking them, I went to the faster lane and have started to recently lead the lane. Whether it is due to the supplements or just natural progression, I will never know. It is very expensive, especially when you have to buy like 3 packs a month. But I am sticking to it for now, just because I'm too lazy to change things when they are going well for me.
  • What's in it that's so special? I read 24G protein and "high in vitamins and minerals". Big friggin deal. I have a protein shake every morning. ON Whey powder with 24G protein. I get the giant 5lb jug, so it's dirt cheap per serving. The rest sounds like just a plain old multi-vitamin.
  • Study finds swimmers slower when using sports drinks: www.dailymail.co.uk/.../Study-finds-swimmers-SLOWER-having-sports-drinks.html Sports drinks are meant to help maintain hydration. Drinking a gatorade before a race is not it's intended purpose, and asking the body to start digesting, right before it's expected to perform makes sense that one would go slower. the difference of drinking plain water in the middle of a hard workout, and drinking a sports drink IS noticiable, however. The sports drink is much more thirst quenching, and the quick sugars help keep the body perfoming for the long run.
  • I decided to try the shake when I had the USMS coupon for it in December. I was looking for something I could mix easy after practice. I found that if I wait to eat until after showering/changing/heading home (takes a little over an hour due to how far I am from the pool) I don't recover as well and really drag in the afternoon. And I like the convenience of just grabbing a baggie of mix and a shaker bottle rather than thinking through a whole food snack each time. I think it's very tasty. Although, I wish it had less salt or they still had the option for one with less salt. The amount of salt seems fine for after practice but just leaves me puffy and needing to pee overnight if I drink it before bed. I also don't like how many servings it claims you need. But it works really well for my after practice convenience food. On a related note, I had actually tried some of the Infinit products when the spring USMS coupon came out and tried their chocolate recovery blend and found it totally gross in comparison. I had also ordered the MUD, and while I find it bleh and non-creamy on it's own, I ordered another bag because some days I will do one scoop of the P2Life shake and 1 scoop of the Mud so I have caffeinated Mocha after practice. Yum. :)
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 7 years ago
    What's in it that's so special? I read 24G protein and "high in vitamins and minerals". Big friggin deal. I have a protein shake every morning. ON Whey powder with 24G protein. I get the giant 5lb jug, so it's dirt cheap per serving. The rest sounds like just a plain old multi-vitamin. Right, it's cheaper just to buy a pot of protein and a multi vitamin.