USRPT International Association

For those interested in learning more about Ultra-Short Race Pace Training check out the USRPT International Association at USRPTIA.org No charge to join.
  • But no where does it say WHAT IT IS, no statement of what it is for or explanation of what it may consist of. The name itself is not an explanation. The only way you might figure out it has even anything to do with swimming is a link to a swim coach code of ethics.
  • But no where does it say WHAT IT IS, no statement of what it is for or explanation of what it may consist of. The name itself is not an explanation. The only way you might figure out it has even anything to do with swimming is a link to a swim coach code of ethics. Sumorunner, Go to the next column and click on Webinars. The main activity will be the Webinars where, for example, Dr. Rushall speaks about different aspects of USRPT. There will be different Webinars each month from different experts all talking about USRPT. Think of it as a USRPT convention where you can hear different speakers on different topics related to USRPT. Going to a convention you would have to pay the cost of travel and meals, a hotel and car etc. But here you can get up to date information while being at home on your own time.
  • Go to the next column and click on Webinars. Think of it as a USRPT convention where you can hear different speakers on different topics related to USRPT. Going to a convention you would have to pay the cost of travel and meals, a hotel and car etc. But here you can get up to date information while being at home on your own time. Listen to different speakers speak about what? Get up to date information about what? It still does not answer, what is Ultra-Short Race Pace Training? First define the terminology. No one will pay for a webinar or a manual or a clinic or anything if they have no idea what it means, why they should do it, and what is to be gained from it. I'm a newbie to serious swimming, maybe it's a term long-time swimmers toss about assuming everyone knows what it means, but I sure don't and no one else coming into the sport will either.
  • There are a ton of good articles on that website too.
  • Listen to different speakers speak about what? Get up to date information about what? It still does not answer, what is Ultra-Short Race Pace Training? First define the terminology. No one will pay for a webinar or a manual or a clinic or anything if they have no idea what it means, why they should do it, and what is to be gained from it. I'm a newbie to serious swimming, maybe it's a term long-time swimmers toss about assuming everyone knows what it means, but I sure don't and no one else coming into the sport will either. Google USRPT or ULTRA SHORT RACE PACE TRAINING or Brent Rushall and go to his swimming science journal and read just about everything you want to know about it. The very short answer is USRPT is a training method where everything you do is at race pace. It is a highly intense way to train. HIT "high intensity training" is the closest thing to it that you may have heard of.
  • The very short answer is USRPT is a training method where everything you do is at race pace. It is a highly intense way to train. HIT "high intensity training" is the closest thing to it that you may have heard of. Right. That's what I've been trying to get you to say. It should be stated up front, on the home page, in big bold type. I'm not really that dumb. I was a track & field coach many years ago and I did decades of HIIT. And I was a software developer, so I know a little bit about web design. Get in the reader's face with a short, simple message of what you are about, otherwise you lose them in a matter of seconds. Not trying to be a pain, just trying to help.
  • Glad I finally got it right! I noticed that you have recently joined the Forum. I had't seen that before. We have been having discussions on this Forum about USRPT off and on for three years. I just assumed folks following the Forum would be familiar with the subject. My bad.