You know your a swimmer continued.

Former Member
Former Member
You know your a swimmer when you walk into a indoor pool and inhale deeply enjoying the aroma of cholirine. You know your a swimmer when you know the exact site of every indoor and outdoor pool where you have been station. You know your a swimmer when after six long weeks of basic trianing you are released to do what ever you want and you go for a swim.:cool:
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 22 years ago
    You know you are a swimmer when you are draining a huge pot of pasta over the kitchen sink and you smell the chlorine wafting off your skin.
  • Resurrecting an ancient post to see if there's any life left in the forums. You know you're a swimmer when you're so tired from swimming you're not even able to spell properly. Less snarky, but all 2020, you know you're a swimmer when your pools are closed due to another COVID-19 lockdown, it's only been 3 days and you're fantasizing about jumping in a nearly frozen lake on New Year's Day ... anything to get the feeling of immersion even if the water temp will be around 40F.
  • WOW! I canâ€Tmt believe the forum servers even store posts for 18 years. How many pages back did you have to go to find that? DanI went back to the last page I could find and looked for a post that might still have relevance. I guess I was bored! But, maybe the message to USMS digital leaders is that we once had, for almost two decades, a lively, engaging forum. I think we could have it again. I think a private/purpose-focused forum is better than Facebook or Instagram. Those platforms are fine for broadcasting, but the business/social world of 2020 and beyond is all about narrowcasting and hyper-segmenting content to the audience. I gather that USMS is putting in place a new digital platform ... I just hope it will have discussion / collaboration features like the Forums do/did and that USMS will promote the heck out of it. A committed and engaged community is a terrible thing to waste. As we probably still won't have much in the way of IRL events in 2021, it's now or never to rebuild a vibrant, digitally engaged, global, Masters swimming community.
  • Interesting. It may be that they just want to get away from managing the platform. Several years ago RUNNERâ€TmS WORLD had a discussion forum platform. I had been active on it for years. Seemed to me that it was valuable asset to them (RW). There were lots of ads on it so businesses were paying them money for that. Although USMS forums donâ€Tmt have ads. But then for some reason they turned management of it over to active.com but it was still the RW forums. Active sponsors lots of online event registration, and other stuff like that. They screwed it all up. The discussion forums kinda went to hell and a and hand basket. Soon thereafter they (Active) shut them down with RWâ€Tms approval. Dan
  • To all that matter --- keep some form of this forum platform for us that look forward to our interactions with other like minded swimmers in the new digital platform!!
  • When you consider 5:00AM sleeping in......
  • .. anything to get the feeling of immersion even if the water temp will be around 40F. Evidently I am not a swimmer.
  • WOW! I canâ€Tmt believe the forum servers even store posts for 18 years. How many pages back did you have to go to find that? Dan
  • You dream about swim meets. Unfortunately most of them have me forgetting my suit or something.
  • Someone just fix the your to you're...my head is exploding here!