Speedo Vanquisher Goggles

The Women's Vanquisher is the only goggle I can wear without leaking. I tend to purchase about 4 pair at a time when they are on sale, so I may have had them for awhile before I wear them. Here's the problem: For the third time in the last year or so, the coating has bubbled up on the first wearing, making them unusable. The first time it happened, I was at Nationals where a Speedo rep switched them out as flawed. It's not so convenient when you don't have a Speedo rep nearby. Has anyone else had this problem, and if so, how have you handled it? Love the goggles, but hate throwing them away after one wearing!
Parents
  • Speedo Vanquishers are the best ever made . I agree - my wife uses my old pair to cut onions. But even the best goggles are useless if it doesn't fit. I have a scar on my nose bridge where the lens connector dug in after a block start. The best goggles for me are the TYR Stealths, they're the best fit. I have experienced the gasket slipping off during training on old pairs as Allen mentioned, but so far I've prevented this from happening at races, by a quick inspection and socket seal prior to my heat. Been using these about 3 years now without a single malfunction on race day. Sometimes I remove the seal to clean whatever crud can find its way in and make it leak. Last Feb I thought I could use the TYR Tracers in a 50, but they came off on the start. Was so disappointing, that was supposed to be my PB swim because I still did a decent swim without goggles
  • Speedo Vanquishers are the best ever made . I agree - my wife uses my old pair to cut onions. But even the best goggles are useless if it doesn't fit. I have a scar on my nose bridge where the lens connector dug in after a block start. The best goggles for me are the TYR Stealths, they're the best fit. I have experienced the gasket slipping off during training on old pairs as Allen mentioned, but so far I've prevented this from happening at races, by a quick inspection and socket seal prior to my heat. Been using these about 3 years now without a single malfunction on race day. Sometimes I remove the seal to clean whatever crud can find its way in and make it leak. Last Feb I thought I could use the TYR Tracers in a 50, but they came off on the start. Was so disappointing, that was supposed to be my PB swim because I still did a decent swim without goggles
Children
No Data