searching for places to swim near Camas/Vancouver, WA

Does anyone have recommendations for good pools/master teams around the Camas/Vancouver, WA area? I tried doing a search on the "Places to Swim" link, but I didn't find any likely options. Thanks!
  • There is a Masters team that evidently works out here http://lacamassport.com/ , also depending on where you are,Mt Hood Community College,site of the 2016 LCM Nats may be close (it is just on the other side of the river.) www.oregonreignmasters.org/
  • www.swimmersguide.com - it doesn't list every pool, but it's the closest thing to a pool-Googler I've found. Though, candidly, I have also just used Google Maps to search for "pools" when I am in a certain geography and found places to swim that way. You have to weed through a lot of "misses" (e.g., pool supply companies), but it does work.
  • Thanks for the ideas. I did check out the lacamas website. I'm not willing to pay an $18 drop-in fee for the masters workout, but maybe I'll look into what the definition of "Public" swim is, as $5.50 is much more reasonable assuming there are any lap lanes set up at that time. The Mt Hood pool is about a 25 minute drive from where I'll be. Their lap swim times don't work with my schedule. I emailed the contact listed on the website about Masters workouts a couple of weeks ago but never heard back. I haven't tried swimmersguide.com or Google yet, but I will.
  • Oregon Reign, which practices at Mt. Hood, has tons of practices and is a great team. Ping me if you have any questions.
  • trexleradam, Thank you for your response. I sent you a PM. :-)
  • I didn't get a chance to get to the Mt Hood pool. It was just too far to drive in traffic, but I did swim once with the LaCamas Masters team. If anyone else is looking for somewhere to swim in that area, I would recommend them. The group was very friendly, the coach was knowledgeable, and the facility was nice.
  • I just returned from the Portland/Beaverton area! I loved it! Beaverton has a ton of pools with many options for swim workouts. I practiced on my own 2X @ Beaverton Swim Center (very hot pool!!), 2X @ Calistoga Swim Center (warm pool but nice), and 1X @ Tualatin Aquatic Center (Long Course, cool water, funky lap swimming procedures). All 3 of these facilities were friendly, clean, and reasonably priced. On a side note I also ran Pre Trail, Nike Track, and checked out U of O track where the Prefontaine Classic is held each year!! Fun + athletic trip. The Vodoo Doughnuts were amazing too!
  • I just returned from the Portland/Beaverton area! I loved it! Beaverton has a ton of pools with many options for swim workouts. I practiced on my own 2X @ Beaverton Swim Center (very hot pool!!), 2X @ Calistoga Swim Center (warm pool but nice), and 1X @ Tualatin Aquatic Center (Long Course, cool water, funky lap swimming procedures). All 3 of these facilities were friendly, clean, and reasonably priced. On a side note I also ran Pre Trail, Nike Track, and checked out U of O track where the Prefontaine Classic is held each year!! Fun + athletic trip. The Vodoo Doughnuts were amazing too! So will you be back for summer Nats in 2016?
  • So will you be back for summer Nats in 2016? I would love to come back for Nationals next year and will definitely try!! My challenge is that I'm a teacher and that will be our 2nd week back to school. It would be difficult to take 3 days off at this point in the year. My favorite event is the mile. If the mile would happen to be Friday or SAturday I could possibly swing it; if it's Thursday or Sunday it might be difficult. I'm old enough to retire but I still love my work and have energy for it so I hate to hang it up when I'm at the top of my game so to speak.