Will you reach your FLOG goal this year?

I am getting close to my goal of 500 miles for this year at 68 1/2 years old. Are you going to get to the goal you set last Jan. ? I have lost 13 pounds along the way.I'm still too fat, but working on it!
  • Nope. I usually make it to 500 miles, but barely, so this year I upped it to 550. As of today I'm at 398 miles so I'm not going to make 500 let alone 550! I too usually make 500. The last 2 years I've set the goal at 550 and made 540 or so. So this year I dropped it down to 500. With the big bike wreck, I was out of the water for 6 weeks, so I'm a bit behind at 437.18, as of today (on pace is 442.47). But I should make it to 500, I think.
  • Elaine - let me know what the MRI says about the hip. I have had 4 operations on mine.
  • 500 miles on 11/07/14 20 miles to my next goal. More on that after 20 miles.
  • ForceDJ - the miles you do on the road & bike are very useful as well. Before my 4 hip operations , I did many TrI"S after now just bike & swim.
  • Longtime swimmer but new to the USMS forums… You all are making me feel quite inadequate. Looks like I’ll finish the year with about (only) 120 miles. And that’s above average for me. But I’m a triathlete. So I guess if I gave up running and bicycling and devoted that time to swimming…I guess I’d have at least 300 miles…probably much more. Dan
  • History - 1999 new complete hip & ball implants - 2007 hip soccket & ball replaced cuz of "recall" particles wearing off parts causing pain & infusion into bone - 2011 pain in bone & muscles from decreased bone density from wear particles. Infused bone growth compound to grow bone density, some improvement - 2013 broken trocanter claw ,plate & 6 cables wraped & tightened around upper leg bone with no walking on it for 4 months!!!. 2015 some pain when walking, but none when swimming. Wow what a journey ! All the new hips are much better that the $hit they put in me.
  • Not me this year. I guess a season so somewhat rest was in order.
  • History - 1999 new complete hip & ball implants - 2007 hip soccket & ball replaced cuz of "recall" particles wearing off parts causing pain & infusion into bone - 2011 pain in bone & muscles from decreased bone density from wear particles. Infused bone growth compound to grow bone density, some improvement - 2013 broken trocanter claw ,plate & 6 cables wraped & tightened around upper leg bone with no walking on it for 4 months!!!. 2015 some pain when walking, but none when swimming. Wow what a journey ! All the new hips are much better that the $hit they put in me. Yikes! You have been through a lot with those hips of yours! :afraid:
  • ForceDJ - the miles you do on the road & bike are very useful as well. Before my 4 hip operations , I did many TrI"S after now just bike & swim. Were any of your hip surgeries hip arthroscopy? That may be in my future; I'll know more after my appointment on Monday to learn the results of my arthrogram MRI.
  • Yeah - and there might be more in my future. I'm hoping to be in above average health for the SC Nats in Greensbourgh when I turn 70 ?!!