Will you reach your FLOG goal this year?

I am getting close to my goal of 500 miles for this year at 68 1/2 years old. Are you going to get to the goal you set last Jan. ? I have lost 13 pounds along the way.I'm still too fat, but working on it!
  • For the first time since I started recording my yearly yardage, I'm not going to make the FLOG goal. Unless a "Christmas Miracle" happens! Usually get in close to 600 miles a year, this year, I'll be lucky to hit 450. Lost my focus & drive in the summer, and just not willing to kill myself at this point, even though I'm mentally very much back in the game. Now-a-days I'm just recording the amount out of habit!
  • 450 is nothing to dismiss!! Many others would be very happy with that total. I live in Chicagoland --- so we always root for the CUBS to be better next year. So start next year with the idea you can set a goal & meet it.
  • Orca, I know others don't swim as far, but often are much faster than me - it kinda "floats my Boat" if you know what I mean. But thank you. This next year I hope to be able to do healthy yardage without getting injured or burned out. I want to continue to love our sport! We had a cold snap this past week that kept us out of the pool a few days, and the joy of getting back in after an enforced break, no matter how long (or not), is indescribable!
  • I have had 4 hip surgeries since 1999 & in each case I really look forward to getting back in the water. When i -we can't swim it just does not feel right. Here is wishing you a better next year.
  • History - 2013 broken trocanter claw ,plate & 6 cables wraped & tightened around upper leg bone with no walking on it for 4 months!!!. I"m not even close to my 250 mile goal, lucky to reach 100 miles due to broken subtrocanter, surgery, and hardware. NEXT YEAR!
  • The possibility of making my goal of 425 miles for the year is OVER. I'm at 378 miles, and I am now scheduled for hip arthroscopy on December 17. Done. :cry:
  • Hang in there Elaine! After recovery you will do better next year. I'm from Chicagoland so every year we have hope for the Cubs!!?? You will do better than they do next year.
  • Hang in there Elaine! After recovery you will do better next year. I'm from Chicagoland so every year we have hope for the Cubs!!?? You will do better than they do next year. :lmao:
  • As of now - wait till next year for the Bears as well
  • Just hit my yearly goal!! It will be interesting to see how much I'll exceed it by the end of the year.