What do you do when you can't swim?

I have to be out of the pool for a couple of weeks and I wonder what other folks do when they're forced to lay off swimming for a while. And I'm not talking about sitting in front of the tv LOL, but of alternative exercise that will help once you get back in.:D
  • When our pool was closed a couple of summers ago, we took advantage of a reciprocal membership to a local gym. I found that the rowing machine provided a good cardio workout and in good shape when the pool reopened.
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 10 years ago
    I fret and feel really off schedule. Then I give in and ride the spin bike, use the eliptical machine (boring!), walk, do yoga. However, unless I'm sick or recovering from surgery, swimming is the first option. Everything else is a mere substitute.
  • I'll lift weights,spin,walk,climb stairs,but mostly be miserable.Nothing is a substitute for swimming.Being in the water is just where I need to be. Well, of course, K.F.; because, you're a frog. :banana: Being a tadpole, I need to be in the water, too. That is the reason I swim six days per week! I would swim seven; however, my body would rebel. On my days off, though, I feel :sad:.
  • ARRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGG.I got to the pool today and it was closed for maintenance. It was too late to get to another pool before work.It may be closed all week.I'll have to get up at 5:00 to get to the other pool,but that is better than not swimming.
  • on days i cant swim...i have to take a shower ya didnt expect that for an answer did ya now? :D it seems that being in the water all the time as a kid got my body used to being washed a lot. so when its not getting a 1-5hr bath it makes a lot of oil and an ewok needs a bath daily!!!
  • if you bring your own blue bell...you can probably have a taste. you can have it all if its not chocolate or has peanuts in it. now, if its chocolate moo-llenium crunch or carmel sunday crunch...dont plan on having any. im just gonna steal it all. gave you fair warning. oh add mocha almond fudge to that list too. p.s. yes i do have my own special spoon. p.p.s ok ok yes i even have special bowls. You need to try Cherry Vanilla - it's the best flavor Blue Bell makes ... Dutch Chocolate is a close second.
  • Still no magazine. What to do?:dunno: I hate not being able to swim, but at least I have sunruh to make me laugh.
  • Still no magazine. What to do?:dunno: Check it out online :) www.usms.org/.../index.php
  • Still no magazine. What to do?:dunno: I hate not being able to swim, but at least I have sunruh to make me laugh. That Guy is another one good for a :lmao:; however, he's been MIA lately. That Guy, where are you??? :sad:
  • I'll lift weights,spin,walk,climb stairs,but mostly be miserable.Nothing is a substitute for swimming.Being in the water is just where I need to be.