What do you do when you can't swim?

I have to be out of the pool for a couple of weeks and I wonder what other folks do when they're forced to lay off swimming for a while. And I'm not talking about sitting in front of the tv LOL, but of alternative exercise that will help once you get back in.:D
  • I have to be out of the pool for a couple of weeks, but of alternative exercise that will help once you get back in.:D you speak as if there is something other than swimming. BLASHPEMER!!!! i'm gonna guess you dont motocross or enduros, so i'm at a complete loss. when im not swimming its because i've just had surgery, so that means its me, a spoon and my blue bell. no you cant have any i do NOT share! get your own. :D
  • sunruh:rofl: If I bring the Blue Bell, can I at least have a taste? Actually, swimming has been my only exercise for the past several months, mainly because I don't have enough time in the day for more. So I'm out of practice finding alternatives. Jayhawk, that is an amazing idea. I had a treadmill and had to sell it. No room for one in my basement. I need to get back to the rec center. They have some awesome cardio equipment and weights. Just have to not stare down at the pool with wistful expression. :cry::sad:
  • We USMS staffers walk on our treadmill desks! Forget the treadmill. I'm jealous that you can wear shorts to work! (One thing I do miss about working from home.) I'll bet you have a pool right outside the door, too! :)
  • sunruh:rofl: If I bring the Blue Bell, can I at least have a taste? if you bring your own blue bell...you can probably have a taste. you can have it all if its not chocolate or has peanuts in it. now, if its chocolate moo-llenium crunch or carmel sunday crunch...dont plan on having any. im just gonna steal it all. gave you fair warning. oh add mocha almond fudge to that list too. p.s. yes i do have my own special spoon. p.p.s ok ok yes i even have special bowls.
  • Laura's wearing a skirt in that video. Shows how observant I am. :blush:
  • We are not allowed to wear shorts to work. Laura's wearing a skirt in that video.Anna Lea can guys wear skirts too? um, i mean kilts
  • if you bring your own blue bell...you can probably have a taste. you can have it all if its not chocolate or has peanuts in it. now, if its chocolate moo-llenium crunch or carmel sunday crunch...dont plan on having any. im just gonna steal it all. gave you fair warning. oh add mocha almond fudge to that list too. p.s. yes i do have my own special spoon. p.p.s ok ok yes i even have special bowls. Chocolate? Did I hear CHOCOLATE ? :drool:
  • Elaine, is there anything else?
  • Elaine, is there anything else? :nono: :shakeshead: Does that answer your question? :D
  • I have to be out of the pool for a couple of weeks and I wonder what other folks do when they're forced to lay off swimming for a while. And I'm not talking about sitting in front of the tv LOL, but of alternative exercise that will help once you get back in.:D panic, get depressed start jonesin for endorphins Weights, Walk, Stretch Cords, & more hibbity dibbity