eating before swim

Former Member
Former Member
Most of my swimming life, i've had breakfast first. Usually at 9:30 AM I have a medium size bowl of oatmeal, then a half banana with 1/2 cup grain cereal. Someone mentioned that he felt he swam better if he didn't have lunch before he swam. I am always hungry and can't imagine swimming before breakfast. Would love to hear other swimmers' input.
Parents
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 4 years ago
    It's hard to imagine doing a workout before breakfast. One time a doctor asked me how often I skip breakfast. I told him the last time was the year before when he had ordered a fasting glucose. Usually before a 2 hour workout, I eat what most people would consider two or three meals. I agree! I am weak and lethargic in the morning until I have my coffee and oatmeal and fresh fruit.
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 4 years ago
    It's hard to imagine doing a workout before breakfast. One time a doctor asked me how often I skip breakfast. I told him the last time was the year before when he had ordered a fasting glucose. Usually before a 2 hour workout, I eat what most people would consider two or three meals. I agree! I am weak and lethargic in the morning until I have my coffee and oatmeal and fresh fruit.
Children
No Data