eating before swim

Former Member
Former Member
Most of my swimming life, i've had breakfast first. Usually at 9:30 AM I have a medium size bowl of oatmeal, then a half banana with 1/2 cup grain cereal. Someone mentioned that he felt he swam better if he didn't have lunch before he swam. I am always hungry and can't imagine swimming before breakfast. Would love to hear other swimmers' input.
Parents
  • Most of my swimming life, i've had breakfast first. Usually at 9:30 AM I have a medium size bowl of oatmeal, then a half banana with 1/2 cup grain cereal. Someone mentioned that he felt he swam better if he didn't have lunch before he swam. I am always hungry and can't imagine swimming before breakfast. Would love to hear other swimmers' input. Do what works for you. Experiment. It really doesn't matter what works for others, it's all about you.
  • Most of my swimming life, i've had breakfast first. Usually at 9:30 AM I have a medium size bowl of oatmeal, then a half banana with 1/2 cup grain cereal. Someone mentioned that he felt he swam better if he didn't have lunch before he swam. I am always hungry and can't imagine swimming before breakfast. Would love to hear other swimmers' input. Do what works for you. Experiment. It really doesn't matter what works for others, it's all about you.
Children
No Data