Pysche Sheets and Timeline and 6th Event decision

When will 6th event decision be made on Indy SCY nationals ? When will psych sheets and timeline be available ? Anthony Thompson MOVY Masters
  • Just curious. It's probably been said before on this forum, but when was the last time USMS had to drop the 6th event for Nationals? From what I've heard, it hasn't happened in a long time. It sucks to a degree. I was looking forward to swimming the 100 IM tapered for the first time ever.
  • Former Member
    0 Former Member over 6 years ago
    Email today said 6th event was indeed dropped. Psych sheets should be up on or around 4/16.
  • then you should not have made it your 6th event! I made it my sixth event because it was my Nationals event with the lowest chance of making USMS National Top 10 for my age group. I'm not upset or anything. I'll get the chance to swim it tapered someday.
  • Does anyone else find it odd that USMS doesn't refund us for the 6th event? I recognize it's not a huge amount of money, but, as we have a per event charge and as they are now not delivering on this product/service (e.g., the ability to swim the 6th event), shouldn't they refund us? I did reach out to USMS and they did point out that this is clearly disclosed up front in the meet information. I agree they have disclosed it. It just seems like a bad 'member experience' to me ... on principal, not because I need the $6. (Though, that would pay for two days of quad espressos that I could deploy on my remaining 5 events!).
  • Does anyone else find it odd that USMS doesn't refund us for the 6th event?Since it is the meet host and not USMS who is ultimately receiving your entry revenue, it seems more likely that the host should be doing the refund and not USMS. That being said, I guess part of the decision may have to do with the administrative cost and burden it would place on the meet host.
  • then you should not have made it your 6th event!
  • Just curious. It's probably been said before on this forum, but when was the last time USMS had to drop the 6th event for Nationals?I don't know, but you may find your answer by rooting around in www.usms.org/.../nationals If you do find out, please let us know!
  • When will 6th event decision be made on Indy SCY nationals ? When will psych sheets and timeline be available ? Anthony Thompson MOVY Masters The dates for most of these questions are listed in the Meet Info: www.usms.org/.../scnats18meetinfo Sixth event decision was due today (6th event will be dropped). Off the top of my head, I think the last time the sixth event was dropped was 2016 Summer Nationals (Portland). Psych sheets around April 16. Timeline will be posted on April 25. Jeff Roddin
  • Psych Sheets: www.swimphone.com/.../event_order.cfm Empty lanes can dampen competitive conditions and we'd like to avoid that when possible. Although we cannot offer any refunds, if you are absolutely certain you will not be swimming any of the 50s, or 100s please let us know and you'll be removed from those events before we seed the meet to cut down on empty lanes and provide for more competitive heats. Please note that once we take you out of an event, we cannot put you back in. Scratches will be accepted through April 20. Please email scratches or entry errors to events@usmastersswimming.org.
  • Seeding The 50s and 100s will be preseeded with the oldest age groups first, slowest to fastest within each age group, men and women separate. The 200s will be deck seeded, with the oldest groups first, slowest to fastest within each age group, men and women separate. The 400 IMs and 500 freestyles will be deck seeded slowest to fastest by entry time, regardless of age, with men and women separate. The 1000 and 1650 freestyles will be deck-seeded slowest to fastest by entry time, regardless of age, with men and women combined. REMEMBER ALL EVENTS 200 YARDS AND LONGER WILL REQUIRE POSITIVE CHECK-IN. The women's heats will precede men's heats for each event, except the 1000 and 1650 freestyles (which are combined) and 500 freestyles (which are on separate days).