2015 Long Course Nationals - Spire Institute

I've been watching and waiting for information regarding Long Course Nationals - particularly hotel information. I finally found a link on the Spire site to USMS hotels. As I began the process, I found this curious statement: This is a "Stay to Play" tournament. All teams are required to reserve a hotel room block through Traveling Teams in order to participate in the tournament. Does this mean that individuals are prohibited from booking their own rooms? Due to the lack of information, many of us have already booked rooms that meet our personal needs. Can someone clarify?
  • Thank you for the age-seeding in the 200's! I am super thrilled about this!!!
  • Are the 30 minute times for the competition pool to be open also estimates or firm? Estimates. They will start immediately after the last heat of the 400 event and last 30 minutes, regardless of what the estimated timeline says.
  • If you are entered in the meet, you have been receiving the pre-meet emails (unless you've opted out of receiving them). If you are a coach and not entered in the meet, please note you may view these emails on the Meet Page under the section Nationals Update Emails to Participants: www.usms.org/.../ Jeff
  • Myself and one of my team got notification yesterday that the spire institute had cancelled our room reservation we made through there website back in April. We have been scrambling to find an alternate room but wondered if anyone else hit the same issues?
  • Myself and one of my team got notification yesterday that the spire institute had cancelled our room reservation we made through there website back in April. We have been scrambling to find an alternate room but wondered if anyone else hit the same issues? That is terrible,did they have an explanation?
  • This really sucks and and email should be sent to everyone attending this meet.:bitching: I did not get such a notification, but having seen this post decided to call the Holiday Inn to confirm my reservation. They don't have it!!! I made my reservation January 27 to avoid this headache. :censor: I am now waiting for the manager to call me back. We are a week out. What are we supposed to do???? Edit: My teammate just checked on his reservation and is without a room too. I suspect a giant disaster is in the making.
  • This really sucks and and email should be sent to everyone attending this meet.:bitching: I did not get such a notification, but having seen this post decided to call the Holiday Inn to confirm my reservation. They don't have it!!! I made my reservation January 27 to avoid this headache. :censor: I am now waiting for the manager to call me back. We are a week out. What are we supposed to do???? Edit: My teammate just checked on his reservation and is without a room too. I suspect a giant disaster is in the making. Omg are you serious?!? This is a huge issue
  • Hi Stewart and Allen, I apologize for this. The agency Traveling Teams had cancelled all reservations that were booked through them. SPIRE is no longer associated with this group as we have decided it was in the best interest of both parties to part ways. Please contact Mike Miller at mmiller@spireinstitute.org with the emails confirming your room and canceling your room and he will make sure you have a room to stay in for the event. Best, Josh Ptak SPIRE Institute does spire have rooms on their property? Don't you guys host resident camps, etc? could you open the dorms? SPIRE High School boarding students will live at Andrews Osborne Academy (AOA). AOA’s seven dormitories are large homes housing between eight to twenty-four boarders. Staff members living in the dorms are responsible for the security, health and well being of boarders. In overseeing the daily life in the dorms, they keep boarders on schedule for school, training and account for their whereabouts while at AOA, and coordinate the boarders’ needs with school staff, SPIRE training staff and parents. While the majority of dorm rooms house two students, there are a few that hold three or four. Bathrooms are shared. - See more at: www.spireinstitute.org/.../dorms
  • Mike from Spire is calling everyone who has been affected personally. He is bending over backwards to make things right. I apologize for my panic earlier, :chillpill: but I'm sure you all understand. I thought I was being smart, booking a hotel in January (5 minutes away) and now we will be in a nicer hotel, but it's 30 minutes away from the venue. :badday:
  • I have been traveling and one of my team mates helped me out by taking care of this. We have rooms but apparently we are now 30 minutes away from the aspire which was why I booked early and booked close. Oh well, it could have been worse and the positive is there are rooms still available. I have one team mate who found out today She has lost her room also and I wonder who else has yet to be notified. I understand these things can happen and I unfortunately had a similar thing happen at worlds in Montreal last year and everything worked out....I am staying positive and putting this down to, these things can happen. Apparently the Spire people were very appogetic and very helpful!