2015 Spring Nationals

When will complete information for the 2015 Spring Nationals be available? The nationals page indicated availability around January 1.
  • Good luck to all of you who will be competing at Nationals in San Antonio! :cheerleader: Thunderstorms :badday: are common there this time of year, so I will be hoping for great weather at the pool. After your races (when you don't have to worry about your legs anymore), I hope you will take the opportunity to go downtown and stroll the Riverwalk, especially the quieter portion in the King William District. (Make sure to check out the beautiful homes on King William, too.) There are some fabulous restaurants there, too. :dinner: Azuca Nuevo Latino Restaurant was a favorite when I lived there as was Rosario's. Both are a short walk away from the Riverwalk in the King William District. Rosario's has great Mexican food, and the best salsa anywhere! (Read reviews on Trip Advisor to see what you think.) The extension of the Riverwalk by the Central Library is nice, too. If you are in that area, go into the Central Library to see the "Fiesta Tower," a 26-feet tall blown glass sculpture by world-renowned glass artist, Dale Chihualy. The Southwest School of Art & Craft is just across the street, so stop in and check out their exhibits. Since I left San Antonio, the Riverwalk was extended to the museum and zoo. It is now MASSIVE, so if it's too much walking for you, hop on a water taxi and take in the sights the easy way. Just make sure to bring your camera! Having lived in San Antonio for 4-1/2 years (two miles from Sea World), I would say that if you were going to see one thing in San Antonio, it would be the Riverwalk. Enjoy! Safe travels! :wave:
  • Thanks to everyone involved in putting on the meet. It was extremely well run, the facility is beautiful, there was plenty of warm up room (with a diving/sprint lane always available) ,and the shuttles were convenient and frequent.
  • Thanks to everyone involved in putting on the meet. It was extremely well run, the facility is beautiful, there was plenty of warm up room (with a diving/sprint lane always available) ,and the shuttles were convenient and frequent. Yes! A very well run event in an exceptional facility. Thanks so much to everyone who involved with the 2015 USMS Spring Nationals. I had a blast!!!
  • :hijack: Congratulations to King Frog and Fly Trap on your success at Nationals. You guys had a great meet! :applaud:
  • Props to the place,people and fellow swimmers. Very cool someone listened to me saying"we are masters swimmers not all 25 year olds who can read the 10 pt type results" the next day READING GLASSES on strings were attached to the result boards!!!! VERY COOL IDEA that should be carried on OR make the age groups over 40 in 14 -16 pt type. On a side note I swam my 200 fly time faster than I did in the last 6 years to grab a 9th place at the top of my age group. Wait till next year when I age up!
  • Yes! A very well run event in an exceptional facility. Thanks so much to everyone who involved with the 2015 USMS Spring Nationals. I had a blast!!! It was a fantastic facility and extraordinarily well run. Thank you to all who put in so much work to make it happen. I had a great experience.
  • Your welcome! Just for general information, the font cannot be increased within the software used for running a meet. Eventually Hy-Tek will hear our cries. Glad you liked the glasses, we tried to select very stylish colors and designs, as make sure they stayed put. My personal favorite was the Leopard print.
  • Susan - The facility was tremendous. There are very few places that can host a mega-meet and handle it so well. I wish Dallas would invest in a facility of that quality. Thanks again for a great meet.
  • Honestly, this was the BEST SCY Nationals in my 10 year experience of Masters Swimming! The organizers had all of the bases covered, from start to finish! The level of competition in all age levels was impressive, and the presence of Matt Grevers and Anthony Ervin, swimming head-to-head just added a level of excitement for participants! The facility was beyond compare! As an older swimmer, SCY Nationals are always intimidating for warm-ups. Warm-ups were relaxed and non-threatening because there were so many options and lanes. We've been spoiled going forward! A HUGE thanks to the sponsors, organizers, officials and volunteers. You created a standard that will be hard to surpass! Thank you for an amazing experience!
  • On a side note I swam my 200 fly time faster than I did in the last 6 years to grab a 9th place at the top of my age group. Wait till next year when I age up! Congratulations, Oz! :applaud: I happened to see that swim on the live streaming. :D