Best nose clip?

Former Member
Former Member
Well, I had to finally get out of denial--swimming for 25+ years has caused chronic sinusitis, sinus infections, etc. every year. I had to stop swimming for 3 months and for the first time I felt "normal." So I am back in the pool, this time trying nose clips. Can anyone recommend a comfortable nose clip that will not slip off? Latex? Silicone? So many to choose from. Thanks.
  • I have to use one when I use my snorkel. The best advice I can say is make sure what ever you use is not clear colored! I had one that was and when it slipped off, I couldn't find it. Now I have pink ones :)
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 14 years ago
    I have to use one when I use my snorkel. The best advice I can say is make sure what ever you use is not clear colored! I had one that was and when it slipped off, I couldn't find it. Now I have pink ones :) Thanks, I never would've thought of that. I am definitely ordering a pretty pink or purple one. lol.
  • I use pink and yellow Speedo ones.
  • I use: www.swimoutlet.com/.../1742.htm They are comfortable and don't slip off..
  • Former Member
    I made the same leap in December and I feel really good about it. I can sleep at night, don't sneeze during the day and it only took me about a month to really get used to a nose clip. The biggest break through is really enjoying back stroke now! My favourite is a Speedo metal one which is really strong. I have several of the plastic ones as well but they seem to snap. I have quite a big nose I suppose! the trouble is I can't seem to find the metal ones for sale in the UK anymore. Can you get them in the States??
  • Former Member
    Thanks for the responses! I used my pretty pink silicone Speedos today and they never came off once! I actually got used to it pretty quick - it felt great not to get any water up the sinuses, and today the pool was soooo heavily chlorinated, I feel like I swam in Clorox bleach. I may also order the ones Fortress uses. They look pretty secure. I have to remember not to put moisturizer on the nose before going in the pool. :laugh2:
  • I use these: www.swimoutlet.com/.../3951.htm. The silicon ones didn't seem to stay on as well for me. Get several pairs; they're easily lost.
  • Former Member
    I made the same leap in December and I feel really good about it. I can sleep at night, don't sneeze during the day and it only took me about a month to really get used to a nose clip. The biggest break through is really enjoying back stroke now! My favourite is a Speedo metal one which is really strong. I have several of the plastic ones as well but they seem to snap. I have quite a big nose I suppose! the trouble is I can't seem to find the metal ones for sale in the UK anymore. Can you get them in the States?? YOu can find metal ones (Bettertimes) on swimoutlet.com Also, by the posts on this thread, speedo also makes metal ones.
  • Former Member
    I use: www.swimoutlet.com/.../1742.htm They are comfortable and don't slip off.. They are cool looking as well. :cool: Thx Joshua!
  • Former Member
    I made the same leap in December and I feel really good about it. I can sleep at night, don't sneeze during the day and it only took me about a month to really get used to a nose clip. The biggest break through is really enjoying back stroke now! My favourite is a Speedo metal one which is really strong. I have several of the plastic ones as well but they seem to snap. I have quite a big nose I suppose! the trouble is I can't seem to find the metal ones for sale in the UK anymore. Can you get them in the States?? I haven't seen metal clips. Sounds like they would hurt. Only the latex and silicone. Unless you mean the clippy part is metal, but the "pads" are actually latex or silicone? We do have metal ones like that. I am pretty sure Speedo makes them, but will check for you.