Best nose clip?

Former Member
Former Member
Well, I had to finally get out of denial--swimming for 25+ years has caused chronic sinusitis, sinus infections, etc. every year. I had to stop swimming for 3 months and for the first time I felt "normal." So I am back in the pool, this time trying nose clips. Can anyone recommend a comfortable nose clip that will not slip off? Latex? Silicone? So many to choose from. Thanks.
  • They are cool looking as well. :cool: Thx Joshua! And cheap. BTW, I use the clear version - don't want to look like a dork. I'm known to be very cool :cool: I haven't lost a clear one yet but, judging from past experience, a nose clip will eventually get lost no matter what the color. That's why I recommend you buy two.
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 14 years ago
    I use these: www.swimoutlet.com/.../3951.htm. The silicon ones didn't seem to stay on as well for me. Get several pairs; they're easily lost. I use: www.swimoutlet.com/.../1742.htm They are comfortable and don't slip off.. These are two I use in practice for UW 25's on my back and in competition (50 or 100 back). Both work fine for me.
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 14 years ago
    And cheap. BTW, I use the clear version - don't want to look like a dork. I'm known to be very cool :cool: I haven't lost a clear one yet but, judging from past experience, a nose clip will eventually get lost no matter what the color. That's why I recommend you buy two. I sometimes slip into a dork moment, having ordered the pink as well as a matching cap. Uggh, what was I thinking? I don't think my speedo silicone came in clear, but I am going to order the ones you recommend in clear for my "cool" days.
  • I've tried several nose clips and found that only trygon can keep out the water. They are expensive and appear large/bulky but do not pose a problem when in the pool exercising (wouldn't be good for competing). They are adjustable and lock tight. Here are links with info: usfreediving.org/usaa-info-merchandise-nose clip.htm
  • Sporti clips work fine for me after I customize it to fit. Not bad for less than 5 bucks. The plastic ones are ways too small and useless, Perhaps the sporti works for me because they're made in Italy?
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 9 years ago
    I have tried the Speedo competitionnose plug and it doesnt seal my nose adequately. The pads aren't long enough. Can someone please recommend a larger nose clip still available for purchase?
  • the one on your nose while you're swimming
  • Those only pinch the tip of my nose
  • Also try wearing them "upside down", putting it on from the bottom of your nose so the clip part is in between your nostrils. You might also gently wash your nose to remove all oils so the clip won't slowly slide off. You might also have to "pull" your nose around a bit, the meaty parts of your nostrils, to get the fit right. I find nose clips exasperating. Most people complain about have a big snoz and large clips, but you would think with billions of people of asian descent, there would be one for more relatively flat nosed/little nosed peopled. I have to yank my nose, practically giving myself a nose-lift, in order to get enough meaty bits to clip onto.