Women's Locker Room

Here's a thread for the ladies to discuss anything that relates to women and swimming. For example, feel free to discuss how disgustingly ugly fastskins are, how the "curse" can kill a meet, how suits don't fit, how swimming wrecks your hair, how hormones unhinge you, etc.
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 16 years ago
    Has anyone tried one of those Tempur Pedic mattresses? Are they any good? I've got a pillow top mattress right now, supposedly one step down from top-of-the-line, and the padding has shifted to form a massive speed bump in the center of the bed. :mad: We've had one for nearly 5 years, along with the pillows. I have never, ever regretted spending the money. :snore:
  • Former Member
    I'm tired of my color fading. I'm using UltraSwim shampoo and conditioner. Wondering if there are any other regular shampoo/conditioners that you all swear by to help protect your hair. I still think the best thing is to thoroughly wet your hair in the shower and slap a cap on before you get in the pool. Hair sops up water like a sponge, so if you saturate with "clean" water, less room for the chlorine.
  • Former Member
    I know there are a few of us with hysterectomies/abdominal surgeries out there. Has anyone had a problem with short axis strokes causing pain at the incision site? Ouch.
  • I know there are a few of us with hysterectomies/abdominal surgeries out there. Has anyone had a problem with short axis strokes causing pain at the incision site? Ouch. that sucks! At least its an excuse not to do evilstroke. on another note, I was struck by the difference between age groupers and us masters chicks at Nats. The kids are all changing in bathrooms and we strip down and shower nude. (And I saw enhancements!) There was much empathy over the suit ordeal as well. I actually met SVL as we were both attempting to hike Pros over our hips. She was so nice! What a way to meet someone! Also, has anyone had a cortisone shot on the top of the foot? I still have temdonitis and I'd like to get rid of it. But my doc thinks I'll be hobbling. :(
  • And I saw enhancements! Enhancements! I saw some on a spectator or two. Didn't get to see the ones in the shower though. Bummer.
  • I know there are a few of us with hysterectomies/abdominal surgeries out there. Has anyone had a problem with short axis strokes causing pain at the incision site? Ouch. Ouch. How long has it been? I've had two major abdominal surgeries: an ovary removed in 1996 and a c/s in 2003. I remember that it took quite some time to heal from the first one and swimming was painful for a long time. I did not attempt to swim after my c/s.
  • I just received my speedo black/ hot pink paisley floral web back swim suit (for practices) and it is awesome. It's sexy and attractive... 983 :D Skip
  • Skip - Thread worthless without pictures - oh, you mean of She in the suit. :D I did look at the Speedo pic; it's cute (I like the TYR little nothing better, but that's my opinion) but doesn't come in my size, and I am not phat! :cry:
  • Yeah, an empty suit in a Speedo catalog ain't all that sexy (what, can't they afford models after dumping all that research money into the LZR?). She, maybe you should send them some pictures. :D Skip
  • Former Member
    There is a god! Ladies, I just received my speedo black/ hot pink paisley floral web back swim suit (for practices) and it is awesome. It's sexy and attractive without being gross. They run true to size. I'm normally a 30 in speedo endurance and the 30 in this suit fits quite well. I may order a 28 just to compare (could be a bit tighter), but I think it's quite good. So, if you are looking for a cute practice suit that makes you feel sexy instead of like an icky man, this one is it. Here's a link to a pic of the suit. www.speedousa.com/.../