Dara Torres-Amazing

Former Member
Former Member
Dara just one the national title in the 100M Freestyle in 54.4 at the ripe old age of 40. Simply Incredible. :applaud: :woot: If that's not inspiring I don't know what is.
  • he was tested by the French. Speaking of the French....did anyone catch this BS last week (lezak's DQ)? www.swimmingworldmagazine.com/.../15368.asp
  • Yeah that sucked. In 2001 Worlds was in Fukoka and there were more than a couple of questionable DQs to the Americans. I think we had 2 relays Deeked.
  • However, the fact that pregnancy seems to provide women with a natural hormone enhancement beneficial to athletes seems to be well documented. It appears that our beloved DT was able to channel her energy during pregnancy to rebuild her swimming self and subsequently post-birth perform at the top of her game - and after that 50, at the top of THE game. Glad the natural enhancement worked for Dara, but I'm not sure all women feel this way. I was on bed rest for parts of two pregnancies. Not getting any athletic benefits whatsoever. Plus, I had pregnancy-induced insomnia with the third. So, I basically hate hormones. Happy to be all done with pregnancies and all the nasty side effects. :cheerleader: March on other USMS swimmer ladies! I know women having babies in their 50s, Muppet, but it isn't for the sports edge. :yawn:
  • I still do not think our great 100m runner was on steroids, he was tested by the French. They gave the medal to Carl Lewis, from what I hear he used steroids. But, George, Ben Johnson tested positive. So wasn't he "proven guilty?" Don't know how much clearer it can get than that.
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 17 years ago
    What a shame, cheaters have made everyone a suspect without proof. The ones that proof is there, deny it and blame it on the French. Any day now Hank Arrons record will be broken. I still do not know if a it is a user or a wrongly accussed guy is setting the new record.
  • Former Member
    I still do not think our great 100m runner was on steroids, he was tested by the French. They gave the medal to Carl Lewis, from what I hear he used steroids.
  • Former Member
    Wow! That is brazen of those officials. Lezak did the right thing but throwing that official in the pool would have been oh so sweet, in the heat of the moment.
  • Former Member
    I am not prepared to read through a rule book to find out but is it not required to provide a reason for a DQ?
  • Former Member
    Paul that is a good reason to eat American Fries and not French Fries. On the other hand French Canadian Fries are OK. French judges are known for taking bribes.