Dara Torres-Amazing

Former Member
Former Member
Dara just one the national title in the 100M Freestyle in 54.4 at the ripe old age of 40. Simply Incredible. :applaud: :woot: If that's not inspiring I don't know what is.
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 17 years ago
    Maybe your 20th post was funny, too. Could happen. LOL!
  • Former Member
    Matt, I only ever said that I leaned toward the initial article's conclusions in this string. I'd love to believe the sport is as squeaky clean as others on this thread, but times have changed and until such time as testing has reasonably caught up with the cheaters, I'll continue to have questions as these based on my own experience, common sense and not faith. John Smith John, is there anything that could ever convince you that this woman is clean? It seems like regardless of what testing she submits to you will feel that there is something out there we are unaware of that can't be tested for. Whatever that something is, that's gotta be what she is taking. Am I wrong or does this summarize your feelings well enough?
  • Former Member
    Matt, I only ever said that I leaned toward the initial article's conclusions in this string. I'd love to believe the sport is as squeaky clean as others on this thread, but times have changed and until such time as testing has reasonably caught up with the cheaters, I'll continue to have questions as these based on my own experience, common sense and not faith. John Smith Fair enough.
  • How about the "non" drug...drugs? Check this out......I saw it in use 2 years ago by ASU's football team and some of the studies coming out on its effects are staggering...but still....is it cheating? www.stanfordalumni.org/.../cool.html
  • "She is blessed with height - five foot ten - and 70 percent fast-twitch muscle fiber. This means she can contract her muscles more quickly than most people, even noticeably faster than the average Mission Viejo swimmer. The reports are that she can tolerate a concentration of eighteen millimoles of lactic acid in her blood, a physiologically measurable tolerance of pain that is stunningly high. In other words, she can swim very hard, pushing her muscles past the point where most people's muscles would simply collapse." From the book the Champions regarding Dara's days at Mission Viejo. Phelps is another genetic freak.
  • Former Member
    Rob, That's true, a substance is either legal or illegal.... no gray area. However, Ande is referring to the process of cycling on and off supplements to pass screening. While there may not be traces of the drug to trigger the test, the residual performance enhancing effects can still be quite positive. John Smith
  • Former Member
    Rob, That's true, a substance is either legal or illegal.... no gray area. However, Ande is referring to the process of cycling on and off supplements to pass screening. While there may not be traces of the drug to trigger the test, the residual performance enhancing effects can still be quite positive. John Smith One must admit that when an athlete opens themselves up to random and frequent screening the option of cycling on and off is not really available to them anymore. So really, the only option that seems to exist is that she is using something that is not detectable..possibly due to the fact that it is unknown as you have suggested previously.
  • Oh man that's gonna hurt when the kids are 18-21 and all you want is to move to florida with your NASA endorsed Depends and Geritol... No, this couple has "boatloads" of money and an entourage (2 nannies, chef, driver, full time housekeeper, etc.) to take care of their 7 kids. They'll be fine.
  • Any day now Hank Arrons record will be broken. I still do not know if a it is a user or a wrongly accused guy is setting the new record. Oh George ... :shakeshead: :notworking:
  • Former Member
    I know women having babies in their 50s, Muppet, but it isn't for the sports edge. :yawn: Oh man that's gonna hurt when the kids are 18-21 and all you want is to move to florida with your NASA endorsed Depends and Geritol...