Dara Torres-Amazing

Former Member
Former Member
Dara just one the national title in the 100M Freestyle in 54.4 at the ripe old age of 40. Simply Incredible. :applaud: :woot: If that's not inspiring I don't know what is.
  • Geek does this mean the pole (the pole!!) has been removed?! :eek:
  • that's 2,860 ;) Maybe your 20th post was funny, too. Could happen.
  • so is it cheating if an athlete takes illegal substances but tests often, closely monitoring levels, keeping them below trigger points (where they'd test positive) I'm sure there are those who have doping down to a science.
  • so is it cheating if an athlete takes illegal substances but tests often, closely monitoring levels, keeping them below trigger points (where they'd test positive) I'm sure there are those who have doping down to a science. I'm sure you're right. And of course it's cheating. They're taking illegal and/or banned substances. Testing doesn't catch all cheaters. Or else every cyclist in the Tour might have been thrown out. They're cheaters nonetheless.
  • so is it cheating if an athlete takes illegal substances but tests often, closely monitoring levels, keeping them below trigger points (where they'd test positive) I don't know the answer, ask Stud, he manages to keep his estrogen supplement levels just below the illegal limit.
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 17 years ago
    Do we all remember the atmosphere up to and after the Sydney games? Perhaps we should do a little time travel today.......... Wait a minute.... is that Dara's name?..... . www.athleticscholarships.net/performance-enhancing-drugs-swimming.htm
  • Former Member
    So taking substances that are not banned still makes you a cheater?
  • Former Member
    Formerly undetectable and so called "legal" supplements such as THG (The Clear) by Balco were at one time not banned substances either. The can't be banned if you don't know they exist. John Smith
  • Taking prohibited substances or following prohibited methods, without an approved Therapeutic Use Exemption is, well, prohibited. There is no legal blood/urine threshold for most banned substances. For example taking any anabolic agents are prohibited, regardless of dosage.
  • Former Member
    Formerly undetectable and so called "legal" supplements such as THG (The Clear) by Balco were at one time not banned substances either. The can't be banned if you don't know they exist. John Smith When I read the article you posted it did not sounds like Dara and Jenny were trying to hide anything. Quite the contrary actually, they were open about it as the article states. Were these cocktails ever deemed to be illegal?