Finally the Forums are back

Hi everyone!!!!!!!!!!!

Parents
  • ok so I am having trouble navigating all this.  Are the old blogs gone?  I see threads in the "general swimming discussion" > "member generated workouts" section from years and years ago, but not sure where those got imported from?  And do we have a comprehensive easy to use "workout blog"/online workout log function?  I saw Jeff's attempts at a workout blog post and then his complaints further down about it not working very well...Someone give me a TL;DR on this.

• Blogs are gone.  :-(  I can't remember when I started posting to my blog; it was at least 15 years ago I think.  With the short notice we were given that the blogs would not be transferred, I didn't have time to try to figure out how to save them.  Like you and Jeff, I am trying to post in the Member-Generated thread, but I'm not sure how well that is going to work.  Do I just post each new workout as a reply to my original post?

• Yeah I realized I have a back up in the FLOGs.  I always copied and pasted my workouts into each FLOG entry.  Now the process of recovering all the workouts will be even more laborious, but at least I have a reference.  That is unless knows of someplace maybe where the stuff from the old forums is archived?  Maybe a way some us can privately access the old blogs to finish the copying jobs?  I estimated I still had 8-10 hours worth of work still to do to finish copying everything, and that was working A LOT on it, and I had a head start because I got the inside information that the forums were being moved anyways :/

• I also have a duplicate in the FLOGs.  I hope that is going to stay around for a long time.  I always wrote my workout in the FLOG and then copied it to the Blog.  Then, in the blog, I would expand on details about things like water temp, who coached, who I swam with, etc., so it's those kinds of details that I've lost.

• This is what I am doing for workout log since the rumor that the blogs would be going away started.

• Yeah I suppose I will have to go back to pen and paper.

• and - Keep an eye out for a note from (likely via email).  We do have the old forums archived and will work on a solution for you. 

• Fantastic!  My next question is this: Any plans to implement something a little more blog/user friendly for posting workouts than simply having a forum for posting?  They layout of the old blog section was just great for searching workouts and seeing what people were doing.  I realize a couple guys like Tall Paul and some others posted some of their workouts in the forum section, but for individualized workouts, nothing beat the blog section (in my humble opinion).  In a world where vBulletin was ancient and outdated, the blog section was really one if its few shining features still!  I am spending my time navigating these new forums to get used to them, and its a jarring difference from vBulletin, but understandably better to administrate.  Any questions I ask such as "what about this?" or "can you implement that?" aren't me being appreciative of the work you all already put into this.  Just always looking at ways it could be even better!

Thanks again for the work so far!

• Fantastic!  My next question is this: Any plans to implement something a little more blog/user friendly for posting workouts than simply having a forum for posting?  They layout of the old blog section was just great for searching workouts and seeing what people were doing.  I realize a couple guys like Tall Paul and some others posted some of their workouts in the forum section, but for individualized workouts, nothing beat the blog section (in my humble opinion).  In a world where vBulletin was ancient and outdated, the blog section was really one if its few shining features still!  I am spending my time navigating these new forums to get used to them, and its a jarring difference from vBulletin, but understandably better to administrate.  Any questions I ask such as "what about this?" or "can you implement that?" aren't me being appreciative of the work you all already put into this.  Just always looking at ways it could be even better!

Thanks again for the work so far!

Children
No Data