Finally the Forums are back

Hi everyone!!!!!!!!!!!

•  Hi, King Frog!  I hope you have been doing well over these past couple of weeks!

I participated in the beta testing, and the first thing I noticed (of course!) was that our beloved "Smilies" were replaced by borrrrrring emoticons.  I asked Kyle if they would bring back our Smilies in the emoticon menu. 

Meanwhile, I had saved a bunch of them a long time ago to use in e-mails, so I inserted this guy just for you!

Hey, King Frog, where's your frog?  Click on your name, so you can bring it back to replace that generic human! 

• Here’s a question I have about the new forums...

In the past, I’d like to have the “General” discussion forum bookmarked as a favorite so that I go click right to it (because that’s where a majority of discussion happens). In the old forums that worked out fine. It’d take me right to the list of General threads. But now...I click through the three or four levels to get to the “General” discussion forum (this one we’re on), copy the URL link, and paste it in as the URL on my bookmarks/favorites. But then when I click to go there...it just goes to the “My USMS” page and then I have to click a couple of levels to get to the list of General threads. I check the URL loaded and it is for the General threads. Can anyone say why it takes me to the My USMS and not the list of General threads?
    Dan
  • I would guess it's because the system has to log you in first and then the way the site is programmed, logging in redirects straight to your MyUSMS page.

• When we were beta testing, I reported a glitch regarding this issue.  I have the General Swimming page as an icon on my tool bar (saved when I was logged in); so, theoretically, when I click on it, I should be able to go to that page.  When I click on it the first time after logging into my e-mail, I end up at the My USMS page.  When I click on it again, it takes me to General Swimming.  It is the only site I have saved on my tool bar that makes me click on it twice to get to the right place.

• you can bookmark the forum right in Community. Then anytime you login, you can just navigate to your bookmarks to be taken right to the General thread. 

To ensure this is a member benefit, we want to verify your membership before interacting on Community as  commented. noted something similar and we are looking whether it is a bug or not. Thanks! 

• Doesn’t seem to work.

• Now, we just need USMS to let the world know about this.  Unfortunately, all that has changed on the main USMS page is that the "Forums" link at the mish-mash of a link farm buried at the bottom of the home page now says, "Community."  I don't see how this is going to change the level of member involvement or engagement here.  Marketing the Community needs to be the focus!

• I agree!  How about also sending out an e-mail to the membership about the new U.S. Masters Swimming Community?  Some PR would help!

• They should put a banner on the home page. Also email is a good idea. I have been saying to market the forums for years now.