Swimwear shopping is frustrating!

Former Member
Former Member
Hi Ladies, I'm just wondering where you buy your swimwear? I find it very frustrating to shop for swimwear and be able to find one that fits right! I'm just curious to know what everyone else's experience is. What do you typically look for in swimsuits? Describe your perfect swimwear?
  • I buy all of my suits at http://www.SwimOutlet.com. My favorites are Speedo Endurance +, Tyr Durafast, and Sporti. I have found favorite styles in all three brands, so I look for whichever of those are on sale in my size. The longest-lasting suits are 50% polyester/ 50% PBT. A suit in that fabric will typically last me 275-300 miles (I track it in my flog for the heck of it!).
  • yup. I buy everything on swimoutlet.com. The first few times, it was a lot of trial and error, I bought a bunch in different sizes and cuts and returned them. I like Speedo just because they have different leg heights. I went from conservative to moderate. I can't handle the normal swim suit high leg cuts, it's just not a pretty sight for anybody. I love cross backs, harder to get in, but it stays on. I've tried those single straps and they slip off. I also need thicker straps, or they dig into my skin. I used to only go for suits with soft cups, but they don't usually last very long and they sort of drag. I've since moved onto liners. So my fav suit would be something I am comfortable and confident in in/out of the water. Once I find it, I buy like 6 of them, in maybe 2 different color tones. And then I wait for another sale on swimoutlet.com and I buy another set of the same suit. It's boring, but it works for me.
  • Hi there. Yes, it's frustrating, but once you find a style/brand you like, you can just keep ordering it in different colors. I'm long-waisted and have good luck with the TYR brand. There was a good store near me when I lived in Dallas so I was able to go there to try on suits and buy a few, then, like Elaine, I go to SwimOUtlet.com quite a bit (more now that I don't live in a swim town). Surely there's a good store in SoCal that you can try some out. As for perfect swimwear, I like the suits that don't leave me bulging out the sides. LOL! We had a MP swim rep on the team in Dallas and she actually convinced me to stop wearing 40s and go to a 36. These definitely fit better. Thin straps tend to stretch over time.
  • In terms of a practical, long-lasting workout suit, I love the Nike Swim polyester cut-out tank suit (so much so that I wrote a review on it, which you are welcome to check out here: www.swimspire.com/.../) Here's the direct link to the suit through my affiliate account (I get a small commission if you make a purchase through the link at no cost to you!) : www.swimoutlet.com/ProductDetails.asp Over the past few years, I've been increasingly impressed with Jolyn Swimwear...their suits are attractive, practical and last a long time. They are wildly popular with women of a variety of ages. Here's the link through my affiliate account: www.pjatr.com/.../TUJGRkxOSEJGTEtMTkVCRktJTU5F Hope this helps!
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 6 years ago
    I just went to a local shop and tried a million different styles and sizes on. It was frustrating, though, so I feel your pain. Biggest issue I had was anything that fit my torso was too baggy everywhere else. If it fit well everywhere else, it was too short in the torso. In the end, while not perfect, I ended up with the Nike suit Swimspire mentioned above. But I still feel like there's probably got to be a better fit for me our there somewhere. I also have a two-piece TYR suit I practice in that fits great. Gets rid of the torso length issue since it's a two-piece.
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 6 years ago
    Beside SwimOutlet, there are two UK based online shops that have international shipping: simplyswim.com and wiggle.com (or co.uk). I once ordered 2 swimsuits from wiggle, and had to return both and got refund, though the shipping took a while.
  • Y'all have no idea how easy it is for men. Get out your current favorite jammers or briefs. Go to SwimOutlet. Type in what's on the label, select color, click order. 30 seconds at most. Did I make you angry yet?
  • Y'all have no idea how easy it is for men. Get out your current favorite jammers or briefs. Go to SwimOutlet. Type in what's on the label, select color, click order. 30 seconds at most. Did I make you angry yet? Not at all, because it's just as easy for me! :banana: I just keep ordering the same style of Sporti in different colors. If that style ever gets discontinued, I will just go back to my favorite style in Speedo Endurance + or Tyr Durafast.
  • Y'all have no idea how easy it is for men. Get out your current favorite jammers or briefs. Go to SwimOutlet. Type in what's on the label, select color, click order. 30 seconds at most. Did I make you angry yet? Only for training suits! All the tech suits fit so differently that I have a really hard time guessing. I know some brands don't work automatically - Blueseventy is way too tight for my thighs, for instance - but some are kind of a crapshoot and the sizing is different even with different models within the same brand...
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 5 years ago
    Hi Ladies, I'm just wondering where you buy your swimwear? I find it very frustrating to shop for swimwear and be able to find one that fits right! I'm just curious to know what everyone else's experience is. What do you typically look for in swimsuits? Describe your perfect swimwear? Sometimes, I feel the same, So my favourite suit would be something I am comfortable and confident in in/out of the water. Once I find it, I buy like 6 of them, in maybe 2 different color tones. And then I wait for another sale on swimoutlet.com and I buy another set of the same suit. It's boring, but it works mobdro for me.