Swimwear shopping is frustrating!

Former Member
Former Member
Hi Ladies, I'm just wondering where you buy your swimwear? I find it very frustrating to shop for swimwear and be able to find one that fits right! I'm just curious to know what everyone else's experience is. What do you typically look for in swimsuits? Describe your perfect swimwear?
Parents
  • Hi there. Yes, it's frustrating, but once you find a style/brand you like, you can just keep ordering it in different colors. I'm long-waisted and have good luck with the TYR brand. There was a good store near me when I lived in Dallas so I was able to go there to try on suits and buy a few, then, like Elaine, I go to SwimOUtlet.com quite a bit (more now that I don't live in a swim town). Surely there's a good store in SoCal that you can try some out. As for perfect swimwear, I like the suits that don't leave me bulging out the sides. LOL! We had a MP swim rep on the team in Dallas and she actually convinced me to stop wearing 40s and go to a 36. These definitely fit better. Thin straps tend to stretch over time.
  • Hi there. Yes, it's frustrating, but once you find a style/brand you like, you can just keep ordering it in different colors. I'm long-waisted and have good luck with the TYR brand. There was a good store near me when I lived in Dallas so I was able to go there to try on suits and buy a few, then, like Elaine, I go to SwimOUtlet.com quite a bit (more now that I don't live in a swim town). Surely there's a good store in SoCal that you can try some out. As for perfect swimwear, I like the suits that don't leave me bulging out the sides. LOL! We had a MP swim rep on the team in Dallas and she actually convinced me to stop wearing 40s and go to a 36. These definitely fit better. Thin straps tend to stretch over time.
Children
No Data