Nationals!

Only a month to go until Indy... it'll be my first big meet since college. Who here's going? What should I expect in terms of meet flow - does it move quickly or slowly? Are the warmup/cooldown pools going to be jam-packed? And most importantly... do people shave down for this meet? I have a lot more hair than I did in college...
  • My 200 back is dropped and I won 8th at Nationals last year! "I won 8th" is the true sign of an optimist. :)
  • At my age I consider any medal a victory!! By the way of history - I did WIN 1st in the 200 butterfly at Mesa a few years back! Now, I will take anything I can attain. Is that a better word?:blush:
  • This year isn't easy for me. Moreover, I got ill a week ago and had to stop all swimming activity, which was quite disappointing. Nevertheless, I'm still going and doing all three *** events. Sad to see fellow-frogs are going to skip this one.
  • My 6th was the 400 IM. On the one hand, darn, I'm just absolutely heartbroken that I don't get to swim the 400 IM... On the other hand, I was looking forward to finally seeing what I could do in my first shaved and tapered 400 IM since I was a teenager. Oh well, next year! Side note--at 2015 Nats, I got a shirt that said nationals finalist in fly, back, ***, and IM. Timed finals for the meet means it's true! :banana:
  • Anybody know the timeline to this behemoth called Spring Nationals? I am swimming the last event on Sunday and was hoping to know if I need to book an extra night (I am having difficulty navigating this cryptic new website).
  • Kurt, I think the estimated time line is supposed to come out on the 25th.
  • Anybody know the timeline to this behemoth called Spring Nationals? I am swimming the last event on Sunday and was hoping to know if I need to book an extra night (I am having difficulty navigating this cryptic new website). Here is a sneak peak of the timeline. Looks like your 200 back will be ~4:30pm ish.
  • Anybody know the timeline to this behemoth called Spring Nationals? I am swimming the last event on Sunday and was hoping to know if I need to book an extra night (I am having difficulty navigating this cryptic new website). Here is a sneak peak of the timeline. Looks like your 200 back will be ~4:30pm ish. Yeah, I'm in 200 back last day too. I was hoping I wouldn't have to take an extra vacation day and it looks like I will be OK - I get an hour back driving back to St. Louis.
  • Thanx for the time line chart.