"SWEEDS" who wears em?

I've switched over and like them.
  • I picked a pair up a while ago, but, I have to admit, haven't tried them. I started swimming using Vanquishers and haven't been able to justify switching away. Thanks for reminding me about them, though. I'm swimming at one pool that's pretty darn dismally lit and my Swedish goggles are clear, so, this would be the time to try them out!
  • I have used Swedes for 20+ years. I like them because they are cheap, so replacing them does not hit the pocket book like replacing vanquishers. I do not have any issues with leaking because the adjustment for spacing the goggles is so simple and easy - takes 5 seconds sometimes to just twist one goggle and it is done. The straps do wear out and can be replaced with bungee cards. The string that holds the goggles together sometimes stretches over time and that can be replaced easily enough as well. At $5 a pair, I usually just toss the goggles and put a new pair together. They come in all kinds of colors as well as reflective for outdoor use. As a backstroker, these are awesome although they cost more for the protective film. The goggles fit my eye socket perfectly - without worrying about the gasket (foam or plastic). Some people's anatomy might make this an issue, but I have not seen it with any of the swimmers I know who use them. And, their profile is pretty tight to your face, so they stay on as well as any goggle during dives starts. Obviously, I am a fan. Paul Windrath
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 6 years ago
    I like them for their visibility; my favorite color is the amber. I have the original non-gasket style but think I’ll look for a pair that has the gasket to see if that helps with leaking, the biggest issue with the Swedes.
  • Yes! I've worn Swedes since high school, so I guess 15+ years (though there was a break in there). Got a clear pair for indoors and a smoke pair for outdoors or especially bright indoor pools. I think I have a pair of mirrored lenses stashed away somewhere just in case... the straps are rotted out but the nice thing about Swedes is the modularity! I don't really get the super-specialized googles trend that started happening after the supersuit era.
  • I started wearing Swedes several years ago after I started getting a rash around my eyes. I assumed the rash was caused by the gasket material on the goggles I had been using (vanquishers and a similar style made by Tyr). The Swedes took a while to get used to but now I love them. I use clear ones for indoors and the red or amber mirrored ones outdoors. As a backstroker, I love the side visibility of Swedes as opposed to most other types of goggles. I also replace the original strap with a bungee strap. Makes them much easier to adjust.
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 6 years ago
    I haven’t been able to get that perfect fit yet where they don’t leak at the beginning of my swim, though usually they don’t seem to leak as much as my swim goes on, or maybe I don’t notice as much. The other thing too is that I have to press them in tight enough to avoid leaking, which causes goggle marks and puffy eyes if I don’t take them off periodically. I still like them better than the vanquishers though I never experienced leaks and puffy eyes with the vanquishers.
  • I've worn Swedes since the late 80's. Price and comfort. I have amber, blue, and mirror, all of which are at least three years old. I replace the straps and nose spacing strings every now and then, and that's it. Pool water, open water, any kind of water. I love them.
  • I had eye problems with the older style with rubber? gaskets. Since I've switched to silicon gaskets, I haven't had any problems.