Waterproof googles

Former Member
Former Member
Hi All, Just tired of buying goggles that leak. Im in Ireland. I bought cheap and found that you get what you pay for. I just want to save money and time and ask any lane swimmers here to give a name and brand ect. its just there is so much to choose from, but I know there must be a pair of 'OLDFAITHFULS', out there? I dont mind spending c.25Euros ....all good advice welcome. Berne:bliss:
  • I also recommend the Speedo Vanquishers. Mine rarely, if ever, leak and they are comfortable for a 90+ minute workout.
  • Last June, I was on vacation in northern Vermont, but I forgot my goggles. I went into the little shop in the resort and found a pair of goggles. The only pair they had. Any port in a storm, right? Best friggin goggles I have ever had, 150 miles, minimal fogging, and never a leak. But I threw away the packaging figuring I'd just keep them as an extra pair and go back to my regular ones. Now I have no idea what brand they are.
  • Hi Berne, do you know where the leak comes from? For my solo lap swims, I use the Aegend goggles. I find them really comfy and easy to adjust and put on. But they are terrible when you are diving in. So for meets or masters swimming, I use the speedos vanquisher 2.0. You should read up on some goggle guides since everybody's face is different: www.swimoutlet.com/.../goggle-buying-guide
  • Hi I also use speedo vanquisher goggles. I have for many years. They stay on for block starts and turns. As far as "water proof" After 45 minutes of swimming ,I may have to remove them and blow some drops of water than may get in. I also wear my contact lenses when I swim. These goggles allow me to do that. You can purchase them for around $20 USD. Good luck & keep swimming.
  • You might consider something like a swimmer's sport mask instead of goggles. It's a one-piece...kind of like a trimmed down version of a diver's mask...but the nose isn't covered. I've used them for years and find them more comfortable than goggles. www.swiminn.com/.../p Dan
  • In the pool, I recently started wearing Aquasphere Vista Lady....it's sort of a hybrid mask/goggle. Though I never wore women's or ladies sized goggles, these fit perfectly. They completely avoid the swelling and discomfort I got from goggles that set in the eye socket. www.swimoutlet.com/.../ For open water I almost always use Aquasphere Kaiman. They're very dark and quite comfortable even over many hours. Lyn
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 7 years ago
    I bought a Splashez goggles on Amazon, it's been 2 months and it's good :)
  • It's important to find a style and brand that fit you personally. Do you have access to a store where you can try on different styles and sizes before you buy? Or an online site that allows free returns (Amazon does in the US). Also many of the better brands such as the above listed Speedo Vanquisher have adjustable nose pieces as well as coming in two different adult sizes. I rejected a number of highly reviewed goggles before finding the best fit. Once I did leaks ended. If the goggles fit right they will briefly stick to your face like suction cups before you apply the strap. Nearly all my swim mates wear Speedo Vanquisher but I had better luck with Aquasphere Michael Phelps K180.