PRs and avg improvement times

What do most people see as their PR's dropping in terms of times? It is a few seconds, more than 5, 10? Vic
  • As an adult onset swimmer, I do have the privilege of having a realistic chance of setting new PRs each time I race. In terms of time improvements, much depends on when I last swam the event as well as the distance. I have had 100 yard races where I beat my previous best times by 6 seconds (free, back, and IM), but those were situations where I had not swum them in 2+ years. In contrast, I have nibbled down my 50 back time about a dozen times (raced fairly frequently) with more recent ones being maybe 0.15 second improvements. In between is my 50 fly where I recently knocked off 0.4 seconds or 50 free where I dropped 0.65 sec. As I'm getting faster, I know the gains will be harder to come by. But it is a lot of fun to continue to find ways to get faster and moving up the rankings.
  • At starting point of 41 - you will not be burned out by 45. I'm not. Still having lots of fun getting faster and competing at nationals. Oh, and I'm now 48.
  • RobH that's me too, but I would figure that others have taken a 5 year and 10 year list and made new PR's from that. The reason being is that no one is really going to be what they were in their teens.
  • RobH that's me too, but I would figure that others have taken a 5 year and 10 year list and made new PR's from that. The reason being is that no one is really going to be what they were in their teens. Well, if you didnt swim competitively as a youth, then you don't have teen times to compare to. In my case, my first swim meet was at age 41.
  • At starting point of 41 - you will not be burned out by 45.