PRs and avg improvement times

What do most people see as their PR's dropping in terms of times? It is a few seconds, more than 5, 10? Vic
Parents
  • As an adult onset swimmer, I do have the privilege of having a realistic chance of setting new PRs each time I race. In terms of time improvements, much depends on when I last swam the event as well as the distance. I have had 100 yard races where I beat my previous best times by 6 seconds (free, back, and IM), but those were situations where I had not swum them in 2+ years. In contrast, I have nibbled down my 50 back time about a dozen times (raced fairly frequently) with more recent ones being maybe 0.15 second improvements. In between is my 50 fly where I recently knocked off 0.4 seconds or 50 free where I dropped 0.65 sec. As I'm getting faster, I know the gains will be harder to come by. But it is a lot of fun to continue to find ways to get faster and moving up the rankings.
  • As an adult onset swimmer, I do have the privilege of having a realistic chance of setting new PRs each time I race. In terms of time improvements, much depends on when I last swam the event as well as the distance. I have had 100 yard races where I beat my previous best times by 6 seconds (free, back, and IM), but those were situations where I had not swum them in 2+ years. In contrast, I have nibbled down my 50 back time about a dozen times (raced fairly frequently) with more recent ones being maybe 0.15 second improvements. In between is my 50 fly where I recently knocked off 0.4 seconds or 50 free where I dropped 0.65 sec. As I'm getting faster, I know the gains will be harder to come by. But it is a lot of fun to continue to find ways to get faster and moving up the rankings.
Children
No Data