Your most crazy events list at a meet

Any one want to share the most "crazy" events at a meet (or back to back meets)? I see these as challenges and would like to hear from others that do things people call "crazy".
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 7 years ago
    CAN-AM Police / Fire in 2012 I did 200 Free, 100 Fly, 100 Back, 200 IM, 500 Free and 1650 Free in a session that was max 3 hours. 1650 was the last race. Managed around 17:50. So tiring.
  • Way to go everyone!!! This sounds wonderful and has given some new ideas to challenge ourselves at the next meet. :)
  • If I could swim a fast 50 or 100 I'd probably stick with those!
  • If it was impressive for you then it is impressive for us. A PR is a PR. I'm happy for you! Not as impressive as some of the previous posts, but I swam 50 fly and 100 free back-to-back in a meet a couple of weeks ago. I was a bit apprehensive ahead of time, but had a good race in the fly and that helped my confidence for the 100 free, plus I was loose and warmed up. Managed to set PR's in both races, so was pleased with that. I then had to sit around for a couple hours for the 50 free and was tired and stiff by that time. Had an OK time in the 50, but it felt terrible.
  • Not as impressive as some of the previous posts, but I swam 50 fly and 100 free back-to-back in a meet a couple of weeks ago. I was a bit apprehensive ahead of time, but had a good race in the fly and that helped my confidence for the 100 free, plus I was loose and warmed up. Managed to set PR's in both races, so was pleased with that. I then had to sit around for a couple hours for the 50 free and was tired and stiff by that time. Had an OK time in the 50, but it felt terrible.
  • Back in November, I swam 25m all 4 strokes and if things work right next weekend I'm doing 25y all 4 strokes, but this time back to back!
  • In College I swam the 500 and the 1,000 and the 200 fly in a dual meet. I never did find out what I did that led to my coach putting me into those events in one meet.
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 7 years ago
    Lots of meets have the men swim the 200 IM final right befoe the 1500 (fast heat). I know it was common for the women to race the 800 at the start of Finals and the 1500 was last before relays. That means a world of pain for anyone doing 200 IM and 1500. Chad Carvin did this at the Janet Evans meet one year. I had a team mate do this at what is now U-Sport Champs. (Formerly CIAU and CIS champs)
  • I've done all the lots-of-events-plus-relays combos a bunch of times. It's tiring but if there's enough rest it's not so bad. The hardest thing I've done at a meet was (long course, of course) 100 free, followed five minutes later by 200 fly.
  • In College I swam the 500 and the 1,000 and the 200 fly in a dual meet. I never did find out what I did that led to my coach putting me into those events in one meet. :lmao: :bighug: ​That line-up would have been right up my alley! :banana: