Does California hold a state meet?

I was looking around and noticed that cali does not list a state meet or any results from a state meet. anyone know why this is? Maybe I just missed it some where,
  • I was looking around and noticed that cali does not list a state meet or any results from a state meet. anyone know why this is? Maybe I just missed it some where, I believe its because there is no LMSC for California, but rather a Pacific LMSC(www.pacificmasters.org/.../schedule) and a Southern Pacific Coast LMSC(www.spmasterswim.org/.../). Both seem to have LMSC championships if this is what you meant.
  • I think the main reason is that the state is just too large. I have been to both Pacific and Southern Pacific championship meets and each LMSC runs great meets at great facilities with DEEP and FAST competition. The SPMA SCM Championships coming up the 1st weekend in December is consistently one of the fastest and largest regional SCM meets in the country - www.clubassistant.com/.../meet_information.cfm. I quite liked the Commerce pool they are using this year: indoors, mostly deep and with enough seating. It's a little skimpy on warmup space, but always a well-run meet.
  • I believe its because there is no LMSC for California, but rather a Pacific LMSC(www.pacificmasters.org/.../schedule) and a Southern Pacific Coast LMSC(www.spmasterswim.org/.../). Both seem to have LMSC championships if this is what you meant. I think this is the primary reason. Many states are also LMSCs so their "state meet" is essentially an LMSC championship. I doubt there are many states that have a true state meet that either have more than one LMSC or are in an LMSC that comprises more than one state.
  • Thanks for the info guys. I was looking for times that might make a difference of me going to Nationals this year. I think that a lot of fast swimmers live out there all year and train better than I do. I will try to look into the meets you suggest to see some times for my age group.
  • I believe its because there is no LMSC for California, but rather a Pacific LMSC(www.pacificmasters.org/.../schedule) and a Southern Pacific Coast LMSC(www.spmasterswim.org/.../). Both seem to have LMSC championships if this is what you meant. Don't forget San Diego--Imperial as well. We have a LCM Championships usually in July at UCSD. Agree that the December Commerce meet is a great meet, look forward to it every year!
  • I'm still on the tipping point to enter the National meet in Cali not knowing how many fast swimmers will be there in my age group. I must more digging around. Thanx for the help all.
  • I'm still on the tipping point to enter the National meet in Cali not knowing how many fast swimmers will be there in my age group. Nationals meets in California have typically been well attended, so I think competition will be good as a rule. I'm assuming you consider that a good thing?
  • Competition is a good thing yes ---- as long as I beat them !!
  • I'm getting that you're looking for comparable times for entering nationals in Riverside this spring. Be sure to go to "event rankings" data base for all courses: SCY, LCM, SCM to compare across all events; all swimmers for your age group for 2016. Then you'll have a great insight into the competition in Riverside this spring...age up factors certainly apply. You can do this from your desktop and not even have to swim. On the other hand, if you entered, see you in Commerce for the SPMA SCM championship!