Swim MAC Elite - A Study In Failure At Trials?

Former Member
Former Member
How does David Marsh get all these athletes to join his group, and then they get worse while training with him, while college boys and girls surpass them? How did he get appointed as womens coach for the US team?
  • Coaching a 35 year old making the team in the world's two fastest swimming events is contrary to this threads title. I thought Dressel would make the #2 50
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 8 years ago
    I wonder, did BraunMan contribute to this? :D swimswam.com/.../
  • How many MAC swimmers made the Olympic team? I know of Lochte, Meili, Baker, and Adams. Are there any others? I think Ervin recently started training there, but he was listed as unattached at Trials.
  • How many MAC swimmers made the Olympic team? I know of Lochte, Meili, Baker, and Adams. Are there any others? I think Ervin recently started training there, but he was listed as unattached at Trials. Swimswam has 7 swimmers from Cal, 5 from Georgia and 5 from SwimMac as the leaders: swimswam.com/.../ I don't see BraunMan's superior contribution on that list. I also know that list is fluid. Kathleen Baker (Cal) is from SwimMAC originally. Ervin sported a SwimMAC cap so he obviously has some allegiance. Not sure what the OP's personal grudge is about but his assertions are pretty silly.
  • Former Member
    Coaching a 35 year old making the team in the world's two fastest swimming events is contrary to this threads title. I thought Dressel would make the #2 50 Dressel shouldn't have been close except for the superior coaching of Gregg Troy. Marsh has everything at his disposal that Troy does not have. Cullen Jones and Anthony Irvin only have to prepare long course and train for trials. Cullen Jones' failure to qualify is a huge indictment on Marsh.
  • Curious BM, what ways specifically, did Marsh fail these swimmers?
  • Former Member
    The MAC Elite group had access to so much, yet Marsh got outcoached by Bauerle, Reese, amongst others as his PROFESSIONALS were SCHOOLED by college boys and girls. This is just categorically, demonstrably false. Bauerle tied Marsh at 5 swimmers qualified, and don't be surprised if SwimMac does better than UG. And Reese was outshined by Marsh. 5>3, last I checked. This really is a silly thread.
  • What exactly are your qualifications? Jiminy Crickets, people. It's clear he's well qualified as a troll. Let the thread die and he will go away.
  • Former Member
    Curious BM, what ways specifically, did Marsh fail these swimmers? By not improving their times - by allowing college age athletes to surpass them - Litherland has no business beating Lochte when Litherland is limited by NCAA training guidelines.
  • Former Member
    Jiminy Crickets, people. It's clear he's well qualified as a troll. Let the thread die and he will go away. Not trolling my friend, dealing in facts.