How many years have you been in USMS?

TODAY IS MY 70TH BIRTHDAY :cake:- WOW I'M GETTING TO THE EDGE OF OLD.:cane::afraid: THIS IS ALSO MY 30TH YEAR IN MASTERS. WHAT A JOURNEY IT HAS BEEN.:applaud: HOW LONG HAVE YOU BEEN INVOLVED IN USMS - MASTERS?
  • An odd note to my 30 years in USMS I was "DQed " in my 200 fly at nationals. The 1st ever dq in fly for those 30 years! What's up with that????
  • An odd note to my 30 years in USMS I was "DQed " in my 200 fly at nationals. The 1st ever dq in fly for those 30 years! What's up with that???? What did they say you did wrong?
  • I have been a member for three years but don't swim with a team. I still don't ever see myself with a team and definitely not as a competitive swimmer. I'm more like an anchor than a fish.
  • My DQ notice was " an under water recovery" I was 3 kicks from the wall turn and he said it was my 2nd or 3 rd stroke that was called. I assume it was a stroke judge from the side cuz a turn judge could make that call from the end of the pool. I do remember hitting the lane line, as I have done countless times in practice, but do not remember doing anything differently.
  • Denise --- a ship without an anchor will drift endlessly without that stabilizing device. So --- every ship needs an anchor, don't sell yourself short!
  • My DQ notice was " an under water recovery" I was 3 kicks from the wall turn and he said it was my 2nd or 3 rd stroke that was called. I assume it was a stroke judge from the side cuz a turn judge could make that call from the end of the pool. I do remember hitting the lane line, as I have done countless times in practice, but do not remember doing anything differently. This is not an official statement - this is just my observation from watching the video. I think it was something they saw on your very first stroke on length #8. It looks like maybe you started a stroke, paused and then started again (which could be an underwater recovery). It was certainly nothing that would have improved your time, so hopefully you are still pleased with completing a 200 fly. For that you should be commended! Jeff
  • 5 national medals out of 6 is exceptional orca!
  • Jroddin -- where did you find a video? I would really like to see it to see what I did or they saw !!!!!!!!!!
  • Links to videos are here: www.usms.org/.../live.php Your 200 fly is here: www.youtube.com/watch You guys are climbing on the blocks at about the 7:23:40 mark in the video.
  • OK I watched this about 10 times. I do remember hitting the lane line but, an under water recovery is hard to see from the turn judge's perspective , in my opinion, as I am going away from them. Guess I will need to work on something when I hit the lane lines in the future. This would have been my 6th medal and the best time in in 9 years for 2nd place!!!