How many years have you been in USMS?

TODAY IS MY 70TH BIRTHDAY :cake:- WOW I'M GETTING TO THE EDGE OF OLD.:cane::afraid: THIS IS ALSO MY 30TH YEAR IN MASTERS. WHAT A JOURNEY IT HAS BEEN.:applaud: HOW LONG HAVE YOU BEEN INVOLVED IN USMS - MASTERS?
Parents
  • My DQ notice was " an under water recovery" I was 3 kicks from the wall turn and he said it was my 2nd or 3 rd stroke that was called. I assume it was a stroke judge from the side cuz a turn judge could make that call from the end of the pool. I do remember hitting the lane line, as I have done countless times in practice, but do not remember doing anything differently. This is not an official statement - this is just my observation from watching the video. I think it was something they saw on your very first stroke on length #8. It looks like maybe you started a stroke, paused and then started again (which could be an underwater recovery). It was certainly nothing that would have improved your time, so hopefully you are still pleased with completing a 200 fly. For that you should be commended! Jeff
  • My DQ notice was " an under water recovery" I was 3 kicks from the wall turn and he said it was my 2nd or 3 rd stroke that was called. I assume it was a stroke judge from the side cuz a turn judge could make that call from the end of the pool. I do remember hitting the lane line, as I have done countless times in practice, but do not remember doing anything differently. This is not an official statement - this is just my observation from watching the video. I think it was something they saw on your very first stroke on length #8. It looks like maybe you started a stroke, paused and then started again (which could be an underwater recovery). It was certainly nothing that would have improved your time, so hopefully you are still pleased with completing a 200 fly. For that you should be commended! Jeff
Children
No Data