How many years have you been in USMS?

TODAY IS MY 70TH BIRTHDAY :cake:- WOW I'M GETTING TO THE EDGE OF OLD.:cane::afraid: THIS IS ALSO MY 30TH YEAR IN MASTERS. WHAT A JOURNEY IT HAS BEEN.:applaud: HOW LONG HAVE YOU BEEN INVOLVED IN USMS - MASTERS?
  • joined USMS right after grad school in 2010 and plan on being a member for a very long time! this year's goal are 2 local meets after my future USMS member is born.
  • just over a year- swimming in the 50-54 group. Best thing I've ever done for myself. I absolutely hated swimming when I quit at 19. So glad to be back & recalling how competitive I am. Swim meets (w/exception of the nervous stomach) are so much fun. Looking forward to Nationals in August, practically right in my own backyard!!
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 8 years ago
    You are all a great influence, keep on swimin!
  • Been in masters since 2014, so my sophomore year in college. so slightly more than 2 years in the 18-24 age group. I love every moment of it and have done several swim meets! It is awesome to relive my age group swim days! I am definitely gonna miss swimming at the Texas A&M Natatorium when I graduate 2 weeks from now! I am excited about the LC South Central Zone Championship Meet being held at A&M this summer. Already reserved that date to go.
  • I just returned rom 2016 S C nationals with 5 medals out of 6 races with a VERY QUESTIONABLE dq in my 200 fly !!!!!!!!!!!! So this 30 th year of Masters has ended on a very good note. I'm looking forward to the next decade! Congratulations,good job.
  • Thanx Allen. Now to think about next year out in California??!!
  • I just returned rom 2016 S C nationals with 5 medals out of 6 races with a VERY QUESTIONABLE dq in my 200 fly !!!!!!!!!!!! So this 30 th year of Masters has ended on a very good note. I'm looking forward to the next decade!
  • Thanx Allen. Now to think about next year out in California??!! How about this summer here in Oregon?
  • I just returned rom 2016 S C nationals with 5 medals out of 6 races with a VERY QUESTIONABLE dq in my 200 fly !!!!!!!!!!!! So this 30 th year of Masters has ended on a very good note. I'm looking forward to the next decade! Great job Oz!! What did they say was reason for DQ?
  • The first few pages of this report will give you some interesting membership statistics from the past 30 years. Anna Lea Matysek Thank you for posting those reports, Anna Lea. For the uninitiated, our growth rate since establishing paid, professional staff has pretty much flat lined, with one particular year that was simply awful. New membership growth is what we always need in order to not only stay viable, but keep dues reasonable. Unfortunately, the board of directors has not shown much interest in doing what it takes to grow at an aggressive rate (7% or more per year), instead just raising your dues $1 or 2 per year for ten years. The common thread in resisting growth (and it has been debated as long as USMS has been around) is that everyone envisions yet another body in their lane during workouts. Protecting turf gets expensive in a hurry, and it isn't even necessary. There are plenty of pools around, and plenty of areas ion the country that have never even heard of USMS. Rant over. I am 62 and have been a member continuously since 1977 (39 years).