How many years have you been in USMS?

TODAY IS MY 70TH BIRTHDAY :cake:- WOW I'M GETTING TO THE EDGE OF OLD.:cane::afraid: THIS IS ALSO MY 30TH YEAR IN MASTERS. WHAT A JOURNEY IT HAS BEEN.:applaud: HOW LONG HAVE YOU BEEN INVOLVED IN USMS - MASTERS?
  • underwater recovery? IDK man, I definitely see your frustration. Even if there was UWR, that would only slow a swimmer down. I just watched my 50fr where the timers called me from the block to see if my name was steve (which I already confirmed at prior heat) and it went back and forth for 10 seconds. They screwed up, and I understand human error happens, but I prepared for this single swim for months and it was ruined from the beginning, though I didn't get DQed. I wasn't expecting to come anywhere near to placing, but I still wanted to do my best.
  • Maybe we need more "professional" officials and timers. At our Illinois state meet, we had to wake:bed: the poor kid up to time our relay - yes we really had to wake him up!!! :bed::bed: And this relay will probably be in the Top Ten for our age group in USMS records!!!!:banana::applaud:
  • As some of my friends,coaches and follow swimmers said to me--- :blah::blah:" They DQed a 70 year old in the 200 FLY?" & "They should give you a medal for finishing it!" "an under water recovery is usually at the wall, not in the pool!" I see the turn judge called it on me, not the stroke judge.:worms:
  • orca1946 how did you like 91 year old doing 200 fly with perfect stroke technique? I think his name was Tom. Amazing race! I've seen that heat and the man you have mentioned - he couldn't recover his hands on the second half of the race.
  • Thomas Maine was the 90 year old & I applaud his efforts EVERY time i see him swim.
  • I also saw the hands dragging through the water and , it seems to me, that the officials took a LONG time to DQ him as opposed to the one time 'glitch" that I see myself doing, that was called by a turn judge not a stroke judge.
  • 20 consecutive years of Masters swimming as of May 1st. I will begin my 6th age group (45+) this summer season.
  • 6th age group - that is an interesting way to keep track of the years. I hope to age up 3 more times - lord willing.