Having a bad practice

Ok, quick question across the group. Say you are having a bad practice. Can't get any speed, feeling slow in the water, do you gut it out or do you quit and rest up for another day? I've had a couple in the past week and one I quit on (although I was swimming on my own) and another I fought through it (team practice). Thoughts?
  • That stinks to hear, but I am sure that a little recharge will get you back to where you'll feel more comfortable in the water. Since I started rehabbing my knee last fall I have some other cardio routines to use when I am not feeling it in the pool, that has helped me.
  • Many times over the decades, 30 years of masters, I pull myself to the last in lane swimmer and adjust the time for whatever is not working that night for my needs. the lane mates know this and are fine not having me to pull them along in the long im sets.
  • Same concept --- I had a poor day on meet day. My back starting to hurt the day before and I just felt OFF. I did my events, but my heart and muscles were not into doing my best.