Birthday set suggestions

Can people help me with birthday set suggestions? I'm turning 45, focus events 100/200 backstroke, will probably be swimming in a LCM pool, will NOT have time or energy to swim 45x100m (my birthday is on day 3 of a 5 day National championship event I'm officiating), 1:45 or 3:45 would work as 100/200 target times, but are close to race pace.
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 8 years ago
    What do you want to get out of the set? As an aerobic set, you could do 45 x 50 off a shortish rest. For more intensity you could do 45 x 50 as 25 fast, 25 easy... Or a set of 45m where you swim around 200 race pace for the 45m, then cruise the rest of a 100m... Or you could just swim continuously, singing Happy Birthday to yourself, until you can't take it anymore...
  • Happy Birthday when it happens! Did you think of something real easy, like practicing your events at 45% RP, or 0:45 rest so you will be 110% on race days:)? I will also have a birthday in a few weeks, turning 50. Haven't thought about a birthday swim until now. but thanks for the idea;): 50 x , as 50' UW dolphin kicks / 50' easy br on 0:50
  • This gives me ideas for my upcoming BD turning 70. Lots of ways to do sets with that number.