Speedo Vanquisher Goggles

The Women's Vanquisher is the only goggle I can wear without leaking. I tend to purchase about 4 pair at a time when they are on sale, so I may have had them for awhile before I wear them. Here's the problem: For the third time in the last year or so, the coating has bubbled up on the first wearing, making them unusable. The first time it happened, I was at Nationals where a Speedo rep switched them out as flawed. It's not so convenient when you don't have a Speedo rep nearby. Has anyone else had this problem, and if so, how have you handled it? Love the goggles, but hate throwing them away after one wearing!
  • Does the alcohol in this solution bother your eyes? I'm really frustrated with the antifog on my last three pairs of goggles (2 Pair Speedo Vanquishers & 1 Pair TYR Velocity). I was religious about being very careful with them and within 2 - 3 days the antifog on both wore out. Once upon a time I had bought Vanquishers and the antifog seemed to last forever (at least a season). So sad. I can deal with it at practice but the foggy really does a number on me when I get up on the blocks for a race. Also, how do you use it? Do you spray it in the goggles and rinse them? Or do you spray and then leave it? Anna Lea I spray it on the goggles and give them a quick dunk in the pool. I let them air-dry while I do my warm up exercises on deck before getting into the pool. Since the solution is getting rinsed off, the alcohol doesn't bother my eyes. In my opinion, this homemade spray solution works just as well as Foggle and the spray solutions I have tried, but it's a lot less expensive! :agree:
  • Wow, this is very interesting. They should definitely do away with the anti-fog coating if it's the culprit because it's useless anyway. Exactly right!
  • So ---- what goggles are now recommended?
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 8 years ago
    while I... fussed about getting in the pool. This is an important part of my swim routine. :)
  • Where do we find out about ordering them?
  • I tried that solution yesterday and it was fantastic! I didn't think to rinse it off, though - didn't know I was supposed to. I just let it dry on the goggles while I put on my cap and fussed about getting in the pool. Much better than the TYR solution I had bought in the spring - although I used the same bottle which is very handy. It didn't bother my eyes swimming but later in the day, my eyes were unusually achy & tired, I think it was sinus related but cause still TBD.
  • Former Member
    I just bought some goggles the other day and paid $3.00 for them. Some body sent me an email about them. When i opened the package they were identical to the vanquisher goggles but had no name on them.
  • I use my homemade spray bottle solution of 1 ounce each of water and rubbing alcohol along with a drop of baby shampoo. I use a similar concoction of 1/3 baby shampoo, 2/3 water, in a little spray bottle. Then I dunk the goggles quickly to wash out most of the soap, but not all. The shampoo breaks up the little droplets that form the fog, and instead, it forms a film. Since it's baby shampoo, it doesn't bother my eyes. What's the alcohol for?
  • Former Member
    Somebody else on the Forums suggested rubbing toothpaste on it, so I gave it a try. It worked for me! Hmm, it's not working for me. Do you have to apply multiple times? I tried once but it didn't seem to do much of anything.
  • I'd be hesitant to rub toothpaste on goggles. It might be too abrasive and scratch them. Agreed, but If you do try toothpaste make sure not to use mint flavor as it will burn your eyes a bit.