Speedo Vanquisher Goggles

The Women's Vanquisher is the only goggle I can wear without leaking. I tend to purchase about 4 pair at a time when they are on sale, so I may have had them for awhile before I wear them. Here's the problem: For the third time in the last year or so, the coating has bubbled up on the first wearing, making them unusable. The first time it happened, I was at Nationals where a Speedo rep switched them out as flawed. It's not so convenient when you don't have a Speedo rep nearby. Has anyone else had this problem, and if so, how have you handled it? Love the goggles, but hate throwing them away after one wearing!
Parents
  • Does the alcohol in this solution bother your eyes? I'm really frustrated with the antifog on my last three pairs of goggles (2 Pair Speedo Vanquishers & 1 Pair TYR Velocity). I was religious about being very careful with them and within 2 - 3 days the antifog on both wore out. Once upon a time I had bought Vanquishers and the antifog seemed to last forever (at least a season). So sad. I can deal with it at practice but the foggy really does a number on me when I get up on the blocks for a race. Also, how do you use it? Do you spray it in the goggles and rinse them? Or do you spray and then leave it? Anna Lea I spray it on the goggles and give them a quick dunk in the pool. I let them air-dry while I do my warm up exercises on deck before getting into the pool. Since the solution is getting rinsed off, the alcohol doesn't bother my eyes. In my opinion, this homemade spray solution works just as well as Foggle and the spray solutions I have tried, but it's a lot less expensive! :agree:
  • Does the alcohol in this solution bother your eyes? I'm really frustrated with the antifog on my last three pairs of goggles (2 Pair Speedo Vanquishers & 1 Pair TYR Velocity). I was religious about being very careful with them and within 2 - 3 days the antifog on both wore out. Once upon a time I had bought Vanquishers and the antifog seemed to last forever (at least a season). So sad. I can deal with it at practice but the foggy really does a number on me when I get up on the blocks for a race. Also, how do you use it? Do you spray it in the goggles and rinse them? Or do you spray and then leave it? Anna Lea I spray it on the goggles and give them a quick dunk in the pool. I let them air-dry while I do my warm up exercises on deck before getting into the pool. Since the solution is getting rinsed off, the alcohol doesn't bother my eyes. In my opinion, this homemade spray solution works just as well as Foggle and the spray solutions I have tried, but it's a lot less expensive! :agree:
Children
No Data