College swim team

Former Member
Former Member
ok so i am starting college and I am going to be on the team. so my problem is that I have not swum for 2 year and it was only for summer teams and when I did like 90% of the guys wear jammer. I just wanna know what kind of suit I should wear to practice and to meets. as in jammer or briefs, and why. I just don't wanna walk in and be the only guy wearing that suit. thanks for your help
  • That's ok. Schools do not even teach writing any more. So who cares about spelling when we have spell check. Better luck with swimming, let it remain fun for you while you learn a future job skill. Spell check won't be available to him when he is sitting in a human resources office filling out a job application. ;)
  • Spell check won't be available to him when he is sitting in a human resources office filling out a job application. ;) Job apps are online now, welcome to the 1990s.
  • Job apps are online now, welcome to the 1990s. Not always. It depends on the size of the company or what type of job. There are also companies out there that require paperwork to be completed AT the interview. Welcome to the 2010s.
  • ok so i am starting college and I am going to be on the team. so my problem is that I have not swum for 2 year and it was only for summer teams and when I did like 90% of the guys wear jammer. I just wanna know what kind of suit I should wear to practice and to meets. as in jammer or briefs, and why. I just don't wanna walk in and be the only guy wearing that suit. thanks for your help You can also try to set up a pre-season meeting with your coach/assistant coach to ask any questions you may have about starting up with the team (what their style of workouts are, yardage, expectations, and so forth). While you're there, as a side question, you can ask about the suits that the guys on the team normally wear. That will hopefully help prepare you overall for a great start to the season!
  • That's ok. Schools do not even teach writing any more. So who cares about spelling when we have spell check. Better luck with swimming, let it remain fun for you while you learn a future job skill.
  • Yikes. Good luck to you in your jump to a college team, wenzelt. And best to you in your studies.
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 9 years ago
    I think you are giving wenzelt a hard time. School exams have just taken place here in the UK. Nowadays, if students simply spell their name correctly at the top of the paper, this gives them a good pass mark which allows them to get to University. Many fail to get this right and are not accepted.
  • You're missing an Oxford comma. Thanks Gull, but I know it as a serial comma.
  • Former Member
    However, you are not alone in getting swim, swam and swum mixed up on this forum. You're missing an Oxford comma.
  • Former Member
    Thanks Gull, but I know it as a serial comma. I guess you are not a Vampire Weekend fan.